Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can someone recommend me some good rpg for ps2
Hi there i already posted in some other place i cant remember but i want to make some sort of a list of good rpg to play,and i mean english ones not "japanese" thanks for that vsub Tongue,and i have other question,what is better,a intel celeron 420 or a pentium 4 at the same speed Wacko
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]

Sponsored links

The majority of RPG games are jRPGs, vsub told you in the other thread already and all the rpgs mentioned there are english, just originally jRPGs. I dont think there's much if any non jRPG for PS2.

Pentium 4 was always better (in some cases much better) than celerons at same speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Final Fantasy games are RPGs, and although they are always initially in Japanese, they always have very good English versions complete with English voice acting etc. so you can't really tell the difference.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-21-2009, 09:51 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The majority of RPG games are jRPGs, vsub told you in the other thread already and all the rpgs mentioned there are english, just originally jRPGs. I dont think there's much if any non jRPG for PS2.

Pentium 4 was always better (in some cases much better) than celerons at same speed.

ok got it,i just open this thread beacuse i dont want to hijack others threads with my questions.
Btw are you sure pentiums 4 are better,beacuse i think they are older than celeron Blink
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-21-2009, 10:40 PM)diegochiha Wrote:
(10-21-2009, 09:51 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: The majority of RPG games are jRPGs, vsub told you in the other thread already and all the rpgs mentioned there are english, just originally jRPGs. I dont think there's much if any non jRPG for PS2.

ok got it,i just open this thread beacuse i dont want to hijack others threads with my questions.
Btw are you sure pentiums 4 are better,beacuse i think they are older than celeron Blink
pentium 4 is beter yes
celeron is kinda like a budget line
[Image: 1454055.png]
(10-21-2009, 10:40 PM)diegochiha Wrote: Btw are you sure pentiums 4 are better,beacuse i think they are older than celeron Blink

Ah yes you're right there's newer Celeron named chips while their Pentium counterparts are just "Pentium" now without the 4 (totally forgot about those) and no, Celeron brand is much older it's been out since the Pentium II times.

However before the Core 2 based Celerons all the others are slower than Pentium 4 as even the Celeron D are single cores against the Pentium D (which is basically a Pentium 4 dual-core). So unless you have a Celeron Exxxx it will still be slower than Pentium 4s.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
The Celeron brand is always the 'budget' line for Intel CPUs. However, it extends through many generations of CPUs. The Celeron 420 will perform around the same as an older P4 at the same speed, since it is a Conroe-L based CPU. You can overclock them more though.

I think Core i3 will be the Celeron line for Nehalem.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-21-2009, 10:38 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: they always have very good English (...) voice acting

oh you Smile Thats not why i apply undub patches to every jRPG i can ;p

also OP if you want good RPGs for ps2 then there was some threads with full lists of good ps2 RPG's, for example go here, its the most recent "must play RPGs thread".
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
I still don't understand why everyone always thinks the English voice actors are horrible.

I guess it must be a smugness factor. "I'm watching the show UNEDITED(with subtitles lol) while you are watching some silly translation!"
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Quote:I still don't understand why everyone always thinks the English voice actors are horrible.
heare are the my reasons:

English voices, even if well made ( how unlikely it is, in most cases english dubbings are horrible ), just dont fit into japanese games. Why? Simple example, imagine playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R with japanese dubbings, scarry isint it?
Japanese games should be played with japanese voices.
English games should be played with english voices.

English dubbings are usualy poor quality, made by voice actors who dont know a thing about acting, shallow, emotionless, badly acted it all destroys the "feel" and storytelling aspect of the game. It makes harder to get into the game, makes character less likeable. Dubbers just dont give as much as original voice actors. Emotions are universal, human being doesnt have to understand with ear what someone says to udnerstand emotions that are in the sentence. Thats why blind guy who never could see what a smile is, is smiling anyway when he is happy, emotions are universal, and dubbings breake those emotions.

I seriously dont and i probably never will understand people who prefer poorly made dubbings over quality original voice actors. Is it realy worth to breake one of the most importal thing in game, just so you wouldnt have to read?

Some people might dont care about quality, but other people do care, thats why i think every game should have the posibility of turning on original voices.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.