can this laptop play game well ?
well acer has a bad name as well

but this acer 7738G has good built in airflow/cooling and overclocks nicely Smile
only annoying thing was the massive amount of software delivered with it
[Image: 1454055.png]

Sponsored links

I'm using a Acer Aspire am5641, have nothing but good things to say about it (oh and the previously-mentioned 3682 was my previous laptop)
im using acer laptop, its 24/7 already since months ago, and have no problem. except its 'bison' webcam, that stuff is not supported well on vista/7.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]

Yea i have an acer aspire 8930G and the cooling system is probably the best among laptops. Both cores stay around 40C after like 8-10hrs of using pcsx2.

Also to stay on topic, i've played lots of games like persona 3/4, shadow hearts 2, final fantasy XII, suikoden V, all at 50-60fps. Whether you can finish the games however will depend how compatible they are with pcsx2. Cuz i know some of the games i listed like suikoden V have crashes/freezes. Sometimes tho, in certain places like those silver/gold enemies in persona 4 will cause MASSIVE lag. However my cpu is 2 ghz only and since you have 2.4ghz, you should be better off than me.
Back on the original question...No that laptop sucks for pcsx2
Recommended
3.0GH Core2Duo or i7 Extreme
4GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia GTX 285/295
Windows 7
Latest Drivers

with all this you could play almost any runnable game at 50-60 fps
I think it all comes down to the person playng the game, if he/she can tolerate some slowdowns in certain games. My laptop's specs aren't top of the line and i have a lot of framerate issues on certain games like with MGS3 (which runs around 20-40 fps) and KH2 when you have to fight the 1000 heartless in hallow bastion (ran about 15-20) but do i care , heck no. Also we have speed hacks which helps us plenty, so yeah that laptop can run pcsx2 and pretty much all the compatible games. Now the question is can you tolerate the slow speed in games?
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB

thanks everyone for comments, I already have a desktop that can max out almost every ps2 game (xeon [email protected], 4gb ram & 9800gt). Now I have to go around so I need a laptop for my study, but in the break time, why not relax a little with some 2d games Laugh ?

btw, I notice something weird: pcsx2 should not run faster at quad than dual-core at the moment; but now I played game alot smoother than the old [email protected].
it doesn't run faster, but it spreads out the threads better sometimes, and software rendering with 4 threads is nice
ugh, i tried switching to software and it's slow like hell ( cpu usage 45% )
did you put 4 threads on sw render?