cdvdGigaherz - Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin
(This is a straight copy-paste from ngemu)

Latest Stable Version: (none yet!)
Latest Beta Version: (none yet!)
Latest Experimental Version: 0.7 wip4 [WIP!]

In v0.7wip4, disc change detection works, but I don't know if the games will work after swapping.
Starting with an empty drive, and then closing the tray in the bios does NOT work for me.

On the other side, this version should be a LOT faster than other cdvd plugins using real discs, specially when playing FMVs.

Rant:
Heya people,

A few days ago I started to code a CDVD plugin using IOCtl raw reading as the access method.

The main reasons I started this plugin were:
1. To have the ability to start the emulator without a disk in the drive, and to be able to swap discs anytime.
2. To be able to keep some kind of "cache" or maybe a file with "hints" about what is the game gonna read next.

At the moment, the plugin will start without a disc, and will detect when the disc is removed or inserted, but sometimes it fails to detect the disc correctly and it will report the disc as being illegal (making the bios show that annoying red screen).

In any case, it's a really young plugin, just a few days old, so enjoy it as much as you can, and tell me of any problems you find on it!

Note: If anyone is interested, the code can be downloaded from the SPU2ghz SVN server in SourceForge.net .

Downloads are available at the sourceforge.net project page.

Sponsored links

Just a note to potential testers, this plugin doesnt support dual layer dvd's yet (dvd-9). None of the cdvd plugins (that read actual dvd's-not isos) support dvd-9 yet. The only one that does it is peopsdvd plugin but im not sure its 100% compatible.
Actually the plugin itself DOES support dvd9 (only in windows XP tho, in vista sp1 the commands to query the layer sizes won't work), but I think the dvd9 stuff is kinda broken in the emu itself.
Any Progress on this Boss? Just curious, Cause for me it works Beautifully, But it doesn't registser the disk change... To explain (Useing Monster Rancher 4)

It asks to open disk tray, I do and Remove Rancher ISO from Daemon tools.... It says No disk, I load a Disk (Any disk) and hit X to Continue, It reads Disk and Asks For Rancher Disk Again... I Replace Iso in Daemon... It Freezes up...Animated fire still acts animated, The game ACTS like it's Trying to read, But the console shows errors... Something about mea something =] 30 (I'll try to post an exact next try lol But I don't get a red screen or anything, the game just sits there... I even made a steak while I waited lol

Tried Various ways, Ends The same lol

GOOD Work though, seems to function on spot for me otherwise...
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"
I also have a problem. When I try disc fusion on Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 it doesn"t pick up the disc Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi can, you help me.
Any luck to play MGS2 substance that is double layer?

(01-19-2009, 06:06 AM)gigaherz Wrote: Actually the plugin itself DOES support dvd9 (only in windows XP tho, in vista sp1 the commands to query the layer sizes won't work), but I think the dvd9 stuff is kinda broken in the emu itself.
is this guy dead or what
KabooZ)hey gigaherz u dead? Oo
(12@gigaherz) no why?

no i don't think he is dead Oo
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(02-26-2009, 03:52 PM)bucker Wrote: is this guy dead or what
i think it's more like he doesn't come very much to the forums Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja