Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheat engine vs memory card save hacking
which one of the two have you found more helpful in bending the rules of your ps2 games?
like infinite money, infinite health,all items ect
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

I don't see why you would want to do either of those.
Using cheats kills the game.
[Image: 1454055.png]
(10-23-2010, 12:44 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: I don't see why you would want to do either of those.
Using cheats kills the game.

i see what you mean but when youve played the same game over and over again for a year strait and run out of things too do
its always fun too bring new life too old games with cheats
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
If you mean hex editing a save(not with save editor)then I prefer ArtMoney(not CheatEngine).
If the save editor don't have what I want,I'll just add the cheat by memory hacking(ArtMoney).

And yes,games that I already played couple of times,when I start them again I add couple of cheats into them.For example I almost finish Persona 4 for the 3rd time and my 3rd time is with cheats for the fist time(max stats on certain personas and with skills that I want).The game is just boring after the first time.Mainly I add cheats that will still make the game enjoyable even with cheats(anything infinite and all items is not one of them)

When I play a game for the first time,I use cheats only if the game is really boring or I hate something about it...for example Okage Shadow King is a good game but have terrible battle system,so I power up my characters to finish as quickly as possible that annoying part.Or Xenosaga 3(played it first normally without cheats but I'll never play that game again without cheats)...I don't like the battles there too(except when I'm playing with the robots)so I power up my characters.
I once had to use CheatEngine + PCSX2 when I wanted to change the name of my profile on a game of GT4 that I had already started on my console. It's one of, if not the only game that actually encrypts save files, so I had to load the save in PCSX2, hex edit my profile name in memory (luckily I wanted to change it to a string of the same length) then save the game and copy it back with uLE.
Specs in Profile
(10-23-2010, 03:14 AM)YukiS Wrote: I once had to use CheatEngine + PCSX2 when I wanted to change the name of my profile on a game of GT4 that I had already started on my console. It's one of, if not the only game that actually encrypts save files, so I had to load the save in PCSX2, hex edit my profile name in memory (luckily I wanted to change it to a string of the same length) then save the game and copy it back with uLE.

you got cheat engine too work on a console?
if so how did you do that?

ive been wanting too hex edit my zpoints on dbz raging blast
Any memory hacking program(ArtMoney,CheatEngine and so on)can be used for cheating on anything that's on your pc(emulators,pc games and so on)...I even ones used ArtMoney to edit the pcsx2 settings.

And he is not talking about using cheatengine of the real console.He just copy his save from his real memory card to his pc,then use pcsx2 with that save to change his profile name,then save and he return the save back to his real PS2 memory card.I do that when there are no cheats for the game I'm playing...export my save,add my cheats using artmoney and pcsx2,then save and return the save into my PS2 card