computer is fast but pcsx2 work slow.
guys i need your help my computer is [intel® core ™2 duo cpu E6850 @ 3.00GHZ 3.00GHZ] [RAM 4.00GB ] graphics card [intel® Q45/Q43 Express chipset  so why pcx2 run slow i set it on lowest sitting and its still work slow. help me guys

Sponsored links

Sorry but that computer is ancient hence the slow speeds in PCSX2 and without a dedicated GPU its worse. You basically have to overclock the old core 2 duo machines to over 4ghz to get remotely playable speeds with PCSX2. So I would save up some cash and get a new PC with an Core i5 series CPU and a dedicated gpu from either Nvidia or AMD.
Just to put what Topken said into perspective, it's recommended that your CPU's single thread performance is at least 1600. For more demanding games, they recommend above 2000. The single thread performance for your E6850 is about 1135. That's VERY weak and nowhere near fast enough to get even the most basic games running at decent speeds for pcsx2. Not to sound rude, but why did you think you had a fast computer? Esp for running something as demanding as pcsx2? (Please don't compare PC games to emulation)
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(04-01-2017, 10:04 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: The single thread performance for your E6850 is about 1135.  That's VERY weak and nowhere near fast enough to get even the most basic games running at decent speeds for pcsx2.

That's the usual response I see from people that have been most of the time(if not all)on a powerful pc

I'm here on a small laptop with 258 stp and this is while firefox is running with 25 tabs opened and couple of background programs.

Also on my old Pentium 4 2.8GHz the stp is around half of his cpu and I almost cleat Ar Tonelico at full speed most of the time(I even played GoW 2 at 20fps and beat the last bosses in KH2FM at almost full speed(with code for speed))

It's true that his pc is weak but not for every game

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My original PC had a STR of 1400. I had a NVidia 750. I could play ONE game on it at full speed and that was Maximo Ghosts To Glory. And I have a few others that really aren't to demanding, but they wouldn't play at full speed. I know some people can get "decent" speeds with a bunch of speedhacks and setting graphics so low that things look pretty ugly. But to me, that's not an experience I enjoy.

There are people that play PC games outside the recommended requirements & say they can play them fine @ 60fps. Sometimes with a PC that only meets about half the minimum. But that's not the norm & the recommendations won't apply to every rule or game, but it's a good idea to go by them anyway. Or do you think the devs that also post this (as I've learned this from the devs) are wrong too? Point is, every time someone posts the recommended & minimimum reqirements, for emulation or pc games, there's always going to be someone that comes out and tries to say it's wrong because they got a few games that can play decently. However, the recomendations shouldn't be ignored because they can rule out one or two exceptions to it

Sorry to be so blunt, but when people clearly have a pc to weak to handle the emulator & someone recommends an upgrade, I post the range to consider if they're going to look into upgrading. So they have a performance base to gauge where they should start. People that say "that's not true because my old, slow, laptop can play a handful of games just fine" isn't really going to help someone overall. They should go by what the devs reommend if they want to enjoy the emulator at it's fullest. At least that's my opinion & that's what I'd want if I were considering upgrading to a pc that can run the emulator without any problems or worry about having to hack games just to get them to play decently
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
guys i play gta 5 on this computer with full speed.And i got no problem.yeah i knwo graphics card is not good and i change it now gta 5 work fast so why pcsx2 work slow.And i thing ps2 graphics are not too heavy for this computer.i thing when we play any console game on pc using emulter so that game not work faster compare to his console version.
I'm calling BS that your PC can run GTA V at more than 1fps. Also that CPU isn't anywhere near what you need for most games in PCSX2.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-02-2017, 07:49 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'm calling BS that your PC can run GTA V at more than 1fps.  Also that CPU isn't anywhere near what you need for most games in PCSX2.

bro its upgrade computer not company made
(04-02-2017, 08:00 AM)Tayyabyounis Wrote: bro its upgrade computer not company made

GTA V isn't a PS2 game, right ?
means you play it on PC. (or pretend to)
while you try to emulate ps2 games.. which requires a whole lot more CPU power.
For now, the best advice we can provide is

keep playing GTA5 (or die trying to Laugh ) on your PC
and keep playing your ps2 games on your PS2 console

this way you'll get the most enjoyable experiences
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-02-2017, 08:00 AM)Tayyabyounis Wrote: bro its upgrade computer not company made

That doesn't mean that your PC is fast enough.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]