Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just bought coreavc and wanted to mess around with it. I found a guide on notebook check forums but looks like they are having server issues so I'll post later.

(well, here is the link

The guide mentioned that k-lite is garbage and has a lot of bloatware. anyway, can I get some opinions? thoughts on this guide once their server is fixed.

or perhaps the set up you are already using.

edit - o right, the guide is for 64 bit systems, 64 bit mpc, 64bit fffshow and stuff like that.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram

Sponsored links

well,for me k-lite is just fine i dont think its "garbage" or whatever they call it
i dont think there is any codec pack or program that will play all video perfect with good quality etc. i have tried lots of staff Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
K-lite is only full of bloatware if you choose to install everything. If you select playback essential or something like that, it will just install the codecs and mpc/mpchc.

Also, ffdshow just got a DXVA decoder.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It' thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I'm using CCCP and have installed it on dozens of PCs, never had any kind of problem or conflict. Uninstalling also works fine as opposed to many other codec packs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
bloatware ? what is that can you explain it to me, (im not a native english speaker so im still learning new vocabulary)
#7 . Google, use it Tongue (it's not actual english pretty much internet term)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
K-Lite and CCCP has a lot of unnecessary stuff that it installs. I used to just download FFDShow, MPC-HC, and something else. I prefer [S]MPlayer now since it plays everything I need it to and I can get it portable.
Yeah, FFDShow is an all-in-one universal package of decoders. smaller in size than others. It had x64 support.

And Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a self-decoding player by means of FFMpeg.
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W
(06-09-2010, 08:36 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: And Media Player Classic Home Cinema is a self-decoding player by means of FFMpeg.

Not really (at least not for everything). I'm pretty sure the devs coded their own DXVA-capable H.264 and VC-1 decoders.

CoreAVC is nice if you have an NVIDIA GPU that supports CUDA. It's also pretty good for computers with marginal processors and a video card that doesn't support hardware acceleration as it's a very fast software decoder. If you have ATI or Intel graphics with DXVA support, there's kinda no point to it.