corei7 @ 3.4/3.5ghz, how will software mode work in gsdx with 7 threads Pcsx2 0.9.6?
(03-06-2009, 07:04 PM)Trigun Wrote: So you wouldn't use PCSX2 at all if it didn't have increased resolution support? I would mark you as a very few minority then.

you make it sound almost bad. Better graphics isnt the only reason for pcsx2, but it is certanly one of the more important for me.
I'm not a follower of the high-end crowd, who worship Crysis or whatever is the most GPU-taxing game at the moment. But i do appreciate pcsx2 for making my favorite games look better.

Sponsored links

There have always been the hardware mode in the first place. I just dunno why people are making such a fuss about software mode at the moment. An improvement on hardware rendering would be much more interesting. But I dunno if that is possible right now, maybe the Hw renderer have reached it's limit for what it can do for Pcsx2.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

improvement to hardware mode won't be coming very fast since gabest himself said that he doesn't have the time to deal with all the games and directx, I use the software mode personally and don't care about high resing all those PS2 games, because they just look unnatural, and all the menues and fonts get streched, i can't stand it Wink still there's a lot of development ahead and we know that the dev team will improve the emu even further Smile
i just don't get why doesn't he use the real AA (not upping resolution, but the anti-aliasing that can be done in the gfx card), that would be less demanding on the gfx card. Sad
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
That's bad news. Well... I'll still be using HW renderer as long as it makes the games looks better. When resolution settings or AA comes to SW then it will be another story.

Not all games. I get big graphical corruption on Chaos Legion with hardware, have to use software. >:
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
Software mode emulates GS, and send to directx the final 2D image, while hardware mode only redirect the calls to GS to our 3D hardware, using DirectX... Am I right??

And what´s the development stage of the software mode?
(03-07-2009, 12:53 AM)Gentleman Wrote: When resolution settings or AA comes to SW then it will be another story.

Won't be useable for the next few years. In software mode performance should decrease nearly linear with the increase of resolution. 60 fps in native res could be 15 fps in 1024*1024.
Quote:Not all games. I get big graphical corruption on Chaos Legion with hardware, have to use software. >:

Quote:Won't be useable for the next few years. In software mode performance should decrease nearly linear with the increase of resolution. 60 fps in native res could be 15 fps in 1024*1024.

2 good reasons why hardware renderer development should continue Smile

(03-07-2009, 09:38 AM)v3n0w Wrote: Software mode emulates GS, and send to directx the final 2D image, while hardware mode only redirect the calls to GS to our 3D hardware, using DirectX... Am I right??

And what´s the development stage of the software mode?
well what software does is do all the graphics processing in the cpu, and then it sends the output to the gfx card, while hardware mode does all the graphics processing in the gfx card's processing unit (which is why it's faster Tongue) and using hardware mode depends on the gfx card you have (which is why some graphics don't display on some gfx card while it does display on others) Smile.
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja