Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
curious
is there a way too boost the fps up so that it can run the game normal without it crashing??? cuz some games it play ok like phantom brave the fps stays pretty much the same but ffx it jumps up and down all the time until it crashes, any thoughts or opinions???

Sponsored links

PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? is it random crashes or at specific spots? content of emulog.txt right after you get the crashes?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-13-2011, 07:19 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? is it random crashes or at specific spots? content of emulog.txt right after you get the crashes?

well unfortuately when it crashes my entire pc crashes and the emulog.txt stops but im using the version 0.9.7 gs plugin is gsdx 3693 0.1.16, pad: lillypad svn .10.0, spu2: spu2-x r3702m 1.4.0, cdvd: cdvdgigaherz 0.8.0, usb: usbnull driver 0.7.0, fw: fwnull driver 0.6.0, dev9: dev9null driver 0.5.0

my pc specs r amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.20 ghz, 3 gb ram, 32 bit os, with a nvidia geforce 9400gt graphic card,

and on playing games it seems like when theres alot of graphic things going on in the screen it slows down from 69 fps to 20 and then after going up and down it just crashes and does the blue screen which does the forced phsyical memory dump, which is something i dont quite understand y it does that, thats with games like ffx, and with games like phantom brave or games with the 2-D graphic look it freezes and the audio does that fast repeat noise before it goes into the blue screen and the forced dump, i know my pc isnt the greatest but it can play dreamcast and some of gamecube games on it just fine but with the psx2 whenever theres alot of things going on it slows down to 20 fps and then does that crash so this is my problem and was wondering if theres a way too speed up the fps so that if might not crash like that
Quote:i know my pc isnt the greatest but it can play dreamcast and some of gamecube games

those emus require really less raw power than pcsx2. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

can you please post your pcsx2.ini content and the gsdx.ini content ?
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(03-13-2011, 10:36 AM)jesalvein Wrote: those emus require really less raw power than pcsx2. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

can you please post your pcsx2.ini content and the gsdx.ini content ?

not too sound stupid but where would that be at??? would it be in the inis file???
Use all speedhacks,put native in gsdx settings.
(03-13-2011, 11:50 AM)Game Wrote: Use all speedhacks,put native in gsdx settings.

well i tried that but still a no go Sad i think im just going to have too get a better pc, cuz from the looks of everyone else pcs have better stats than mine lol not enough horsepower Tongue
(03-13-2011, 10:06 AM)mattjoe2000 Wrote: well unfortuately when it crashes my entire pc crashes

That's signs of instability in your system unfortunately, try updating drivers and see what the system crash says and maybe you can find the cause.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64