curious and a little worried
[/size]NEWBIE ALERT

hi guys, still new and been using PCSX2 for almost 9 months...
so, i'm using the emulator as usual nothing weird here and there, but the thing is every time i click the 'Plugin/BIOS' selector in the 'Config tab' this pops out in the log:

File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dcompiler_3[size=medium]6.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dcompiler_36.dll
File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx10_36.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx10_36.dll
File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx9_34.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx9_34.dll
File is not a PCSX2 pluginPath: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx9_36.dll
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\d3dx9_36.dll
Path: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Users\john\Desktop\carlo\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll

but even with that thing popping up i don't think it affects the emulator, or so i think, but i'm still a little worried and it's kind of bugging me...
so, should i be worried?
any suggestions as to what i'd do?

Sponsored links

Delete all those dll files from your plugins folder and it's gonna be ok
[Image: newsig.jpg]
He means the ones giving you troubles Smile

No need to worry, the warnings happen if is lacking libraries that plugin is expecting or your hardware not attending it's requisite.

May not be the case but avx is available only to the newest CPUs from Intel or AMD, for example.

Anyway. That path leads to think you may have the emulator installed under C:\Program Files (x86) and this is not good idea, it is actually very bad idea having any game installed in this accursed and yet default Windows directory. This is valid for PC games as well.

If that's so you may want to move (in this case you can simply move indeed) the whole PCSX2 file from that directory to something like C:\PCSX2 or C:\Emulators\PCSX2... whatever non special Windows folder does the trick.

Then you can just move that PCSX2 folder under the Documents folder to merge it with the above.

Finally if missing, just create an empty .txt file and rename it as Portable.ini under PCSX2 directory. This will make PCSX2 to seek what it needs from it's own folder structure making it possible you can just copy PCSX2 folder to a pendrive, load it in another machine and it will run from there and keep your configurations.

Believe it, it's less difficult to do than describing the procedure but will spare you from many headaches in the future. Curse on you MS for making default that Program Files folder and making sure using it is buying ticket to very bad horror show.
Imagination is where we are truly real
The gsdx* plugin that is reported is fine as is, it simply comes up as an error because your CPU does not support the AVX instruction set. It will be okay to delete it.
As for the rest of those .dll files.. i'm not even sure where you got those from, but they're certainly not a part of pcsx2. You can delete those.
so it was those those .dll files that were causing those logs, honestly i don't know how or when i put those there...
anyway, bositman was right, deleting those things did do the trick...
but i'm still going to consider nosisab Ken Keleh's suggestion, the fact that he mentions "from many headaches in the future makes me think"

many thanks you guys...
(04-06-2014, 08:43 PM)ays_FEAR Wrote: so it was those those .dll files that were causing those logs, honestly i don't know how or when i put those there...
anyway, bositman was right, deleting those things did do the trick...
but i'm still going to consider nosisab Ken Keleh's suggestion, the fact that he mentions "from many headaches in the future makes me think"

many thanks you guys...
You didn't put then in there, they came with the emulator Smile
They allow you to choose among them several versions, but then a few aren't the right for your machine.

So, don't worry anymore, they were inoffensive before and now they are gone ever...
Some of his files in the plugin folder were D3D files and I'm pretty sure they don't come with the emulator. But either way they are gone now so yeah.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-07-2014, 12:18 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Some of his files in the plugin folder were D3D files and I'm pretty sure they don't come with the emulator. But either way they are gone now so yeah.

Now that you mentioned it I looked at the actual reported plugins and, yeah, you are right! Smile

And Bositman as well, out with then ALL.