custom resolution causes a strange screen stretching
(08-24-2014, 12:33 AM)Coornio Wrote: You really have no idea what's going on here, better sit this one out mate.

im using pcsx2 since the early versions. Setting Internal Resolution high and ur window low will cause a downscale. And we all should know that downscaling results in better graphics. Else there would be no sense to make a "4x native" "5x native" etc resolution since the native one is 4:3. And the defaultsetting for customreso is 1024x1024 Wink think about it.

Sponsored links

(08-24-2014, 12:43 AM)Pikasora Wrote: im using pcsx2 since the early versions. Setting Internal Resolution high and ur window low will cause a downscale. And we all should know that downscaling results in better graphics. Else there would be no sense to make a "4x native" "5x native" etc resolution since the native one is 4:3. And the defaultsetting for customreso is 1024x1024 Wink think about it.

Yes, we all know what SSAA is. The performance hit still doesn't justify it when you have the option for MSAA, AF, and the FX shader.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-24-2014, 12:43 AM)Pikasora Wrote: im using pcsx2 since the early versions. Setting Internal Resolution high and ur window low will cause a downscale. And we all should know that downscaling results in better graphics. Else there would be no sense to make a "4x native" "5x native" etc resolution since the native one is 4:3. And the defaultsetting for customreso is 1024x1024 Wink think about it.

Congrats on your using-PCSX2-since. We don't really care.

The point is that you're getting off-topic. You're talking about downscaling and rendering resolution, but you're missing the FACT that it has NOTHING to do with WINDOW resolution.

Window resolution: defines the size of the window where the scene inside is displayed.
Aspect ratio: defines the analogy of pixels per axis, ex: 4:3 or 16:9. focus mode is always touch-from-inside so no part of the screen will ever be out of the window bounds.

His problem is that the display is squashed to the upper half of the window. Your comments are irrelevant to the issue. Go home now kid. Playtime's over.
report as game glitch maybe? i dont own the game so i can't comfirm or deny if it is game glitch as new revisions have been know to break thiings.

what verison of PCSX2 you using anyway?

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
Latest Dev builds

http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/windo...ndows.html
Latest stable build
Guys, notice in his original screenshot how GSdx says the resolution of the game is "512x896"?

That's the problem, GSdx is rendering twice the vertical resolution it should for some reason. It should be 512x448.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-24-2014, 01:01 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Guys, notice in his original screenshot how GSdx says the resolution of the game is "512x896"?

That's the problem, GSdx is rendering twice the vertical resolution it should for some reason. It should be 512x448.

Which makes is game glitch of sorts imo

Report it pcsx2 bug or GDSX bug could be either or
Hey guys, thank you very much for your help. I guess it was really the game itself which made the problems, a bug or something. I tried another ROM and it's now rendered in 512x512, no half-screen bs anymore and no 512x896 stuff. I guess I'll use this ROM from now on. Thank you guys!
And by another ROM he probably means another ISO where he got from some shady website and we all just argued and pondered for his majesty arrr Tongue
^ Dude, you should really know better than that. Please have a look at rule #2.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-24-2014, 01:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: ^ Dude, you should really know better than that. Please have a look at rule #2.

Relax, i was being sarcastic, i wasn't trying to make him admit anything, simply hypothesizing. How much does rule #2 apply in this case since the original issue has been resolved anyway?