damn this thing has high cpu requirements!
i have an amd 64x2 5600+ cpu and every game i've tried slows down in some way or another. usually to the point of being too annoying to play. even disgaea which is supposed to be one of the easiest to run doesn't run at full speed always. it's nuts! i know that my cpu isn't one of the best anymore.. but it's still quite good and not worth upgrading yet.

is this mostly due to consumer cpus just not being fast enough to handle this program yet , or the program not being completely optimized yet? or a little of both? i'm not ripping on the creators as it seems every game is "playable" and i commend their hard work. i'm just wondering when consumer cpus will be able to handle this program! it seems like i've been trying this program every 6 months since its release (through 2 cpu and graphic card upgrades) hoping to use it to its full potential but it always lets me down with unplayable results

Sponsored links

What PC specs? What PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? When do you get slowdowns? Running from disc or ISO?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
A "amd 64x2 5600+" is a (Windsor) 2.8 or (Brisbane) 2.9 Ghz dual core, right? Maybe it's your graphics card that's the problem... Please post your hardware.
To answer your questions:
The problem is the enormous complexity of the PS2, and the many fast processors it has.
See, there never was a guarantee that PCSX2 would run even half speed on the best computer.

So the fact that it does reach full speed these days is miracle enough.
Doing so on a 6 year old PC architecture is asking a bit much Wink
Try speedhacks. Most games I've tried run fine here on my 2.2 Ghz dualcore laptop, which is far from being top of the line. The emulator definitely doesn't need a NASA level supercomputer to run, at least for compatible games (and I hate how some people use their CPU specs as some sort of e-peen extension, it's just geeky Tongue).

If a game runs slow...the first thing to try is speedhacks.
speedhacks ftw ! Tongue
that's how i made all games run no less than 40fps Smile
adding a grafx card to my pc will be a boost as well. Laugh
i love my happy old dinosaur lol
[Image: signaturel.jpg]
(05-05-2010, 05:49 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: speedhacks ftw ! Tongue
that's how i made all games run no less than 40fps Smile
adding a grafx card to my pc will be a boost as well. Laugh
i love my happy old dinosaur lol

My i3 still has slowness in some games (even with speed hacks) won't go full speed. I can get close to it though. Smile
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM