Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dial directly for a multiplayer game ( modified title )
Photo 
hi

i am having a problem when i play online ( using game ranger or anything else Tongue )

i have this huge latency ( more than 4 seconds ! Ohmy ) although the other player is @ the same city and just a couple of miles away ! Wacko

ofcourse this problem disappear when i am the host even the people who join the game don't have such problem Blink ( With the same conditions as above )

i was wondering what are the other reasons for high latency other than distance any advice ? Smile

Sponsored links

Latency can be effected by many factors. Wired wireless how much interference there is in the connection etc..
My guess would be your friend has BitTorrent or something else using up all the upload bandwidth.
(01-20-2012, 01:51 PM)DaMan Wrote: My guess would be your friend has BitTorrent or something else using up all the upload bandwidth.

agreed, or the guy is on dialup ;p
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Smile 
At least with dialup for the old games that supported it you could just dial directly to the other computer and skip that pesky internet.
IPX ftw Tongue
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(01-20-2012, 02:15 PM)DaMan Wrote: At least with dialup for the old games that supported it you could just dial directly to the other computer and skip that pesky internet.

stronghold crusaders do support it

do i need special modem or supported service

or it is simple as it sound ! Smile

(01-20-2012, 02:15 PM)DaMan Wrote: At least with dialup for the old games that supported it you could just dial directly to the other computer and skip that pesky internet.

it is simple as it sound Tongue

anyway it is the same as regular calls price right ( if you join you pay )

is there a program that can make me a Virtual network like this Smile

please answer this question !
I think Hamachi.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

edit : i can do it within the windows it self !

hope fully i will get the same result as ingame support ...