differences in fps and gpu
Recently had an error with window and had to format my laptop, and after setting everything back up I decided to check that my gpu meter widget was working properly.

So I loaded up pcsx2 and as a test set the gsdx settings to 4x native and ran ffx-2. The game was running at 40 fps on the bridge of the airship but I had no impact on the gpu shown by the widget. I then checked gsdx and noticed it was using the intel hd 4000 instead of the geforce 610m. So I swapped it over and my fps dropped to 20. Swapped back to the intel hd 4000 and the fps went back to 40. This is all with 4x native and only recommended speedhacks.

So I loaded dynasty warriors while still at 4x native. The intel hd 4000 only managed around 10 fps, yet the 610m ran at 25 fps.

Is there any real obvious explanation for this? I know different gpus have different performances, but other than that? I honestly expected the 2 of them to be more even.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming

Sponsored links

Hi Dante3hs as i said in my previous post.when we were talking about Intel HD graphics.i said it is as powerful as entry level nvidia or amd Graphic cards.but Intel Graphics designed to save battery power & less cpu heat.well it show sometime great performance in demanding games.e.g.GTA IV Pc (i'm playing on medium settings with my HD 3000 ).i think u game try with Intel HD maybe less demanding game (FFx2 is less demanding game btw) or you first time used Intel HD 4000,that's why it showing u some performance lol Laugh
That doesnt explain it. I am well aware that ffx-2 isnt a very demanding game (except fmvs) but that doesnt explain the difference between the 2 gpus.

And it wasnt the first time the hd 4000 was used, and even if it were, that wouldnt create the difference in performance.
If you look here http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Gr...567.0.html the HD 4000 is actually faster than the 610m, why they put the two in the same laptop actually baffles me...

btw, update your graphics driver, one came out a day or so ago which brings roughly a 10% performance increase in games (not sure what this means for PCSX2, but it will probably help)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

For the 610m or the hd 4000?

I downloaded the latest update for the 610m only yesterday.
i mean for the intel hd 4000, you should be able to get it from here:

32bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22610
64bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22605

Thanks. Will download it soon.

Any idea why the 610m outperforms it in dynasty warriors 3? I mean I can always swap between the 2 gpus depending on which has better performance in specific games, but im still curious as to what the reason for this is.
No idea. Dw could be more memory hungry for the gpu and the ram on it will be quicker than system ram (which the HD uses) so that would explain that.

That could be it.

Btw I remember reading about a program that could be used with pcsx2 to save different settings specifically for a specific game. Where ca I find this and can its settings allow for choosing which gpu to use? Would sure make things more convenient.
it should be in the gsdx settings at the top.