dll files... a work in progress
Bug 
ok so what i need to know is.. the bare minimum exact direct OR opengl-dlls to run.

and for Pete -sake ! can you guys make the program check for dlls within the root folder? i tried my usual method of direct x accelerating (using swiftshader direct x plugins) by puting the required (as asked for through the console info window) direct x dlls in step by step.

and NO i do NOT want to install the full dingus. im sorry but people dont understand what it means to be able to go from pc to pc with the configuration. i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work.
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________
long story short is : someone tell me where pcsx2 looks for its shared dlls AND OR tell me how to make-an .ini file to change the target lookin directory AND OR what exact directx or opengl/2 dlls it takes to get it to load all the way into an iso.
^^

post note :the opengl2 wrapper via the new guy[http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html] runs MUCH faster than direct x .. easy 400 fps {best clamped at 100 for non super machines}

Sponsored links

The problem probably isn't that people are incapable of understanding what you mean, but just don't respond because posts like this are rude and demanding. That being said, I more or less think I can answer this question so I will.

1. You can have Windows search the application folder for dlls before searching anywhere else. Microsoft even wrote a guide just for you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...85%29.aspx

I primarily use Linux so I haven't tried this specifically, but I have done essentially the same thing in Linux. I can't see why it wouldn't work, and it's certainly worth a shot.

2. If you put a "portable.ini" file in the application folder, it will write configuration changes to that instead of the file in My Documents.

3. Just figure out which dlls you need. I know it's easier to demand information from strangers, but doing things yourself builds character! You can start here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...71%29.aspx

and here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...71%29.aspx
portable.ini

(inside) RunWizard=0

?
PCSX2 already looks for dll files in its root folder.
Dunno what that OpenGL thing is about though, that sounds like trouble.

edit:
A Glide to OGl wrapper? You sure you have an issue with PS2 emulation here?
Also this problem could be solved by not requiring every computer you come across to be a surrogate PS2. Sometimes the easiest solution is "hmm, maybe I'll just read a book on my lunch break today."

I'm also not following the thing about the Glide wrapper. If I read the website correctly, what you're doing is forcing your video card to use a non-native API, that's also very old. Are you trying to use it because you want to use OGl instead of Direct3D, but you don't want to use the ZZOGl plugin?
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 960T Black Edition @ 4.00 Ghz
RAM: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (2GB)

I also have a lot of fun LEDs in my case, which help me look like a pro l33t gamer, and also function as nightlights because I'm mortally afraid of the dark.
(05-03-2012, 05:29 PM)rama Wrote: PCSX2 already looks for dll files in its root folder.
Dunno what that OpenGL thing is about though, that sounds like trouble.

edit:
A Glide to OGl wrapper? You sure you have an issue with PS2 emulation here?

error list :
e PCSX2 already looks for dll files in its root folder.
r erm. no it doesnt? i tried putting a requesterd d3d_xx.dll file in thee root folder. it declares it missing even after :: reloading the plugin, reloading Pcsx2, and finally closing rebooting the system. still does not read that the initial d3d_xx.dll exists.

e A Glide to OGl wrapper?
r if u dont remember raw speeds that came out of quake 3 without sse2 technology, then my bad xD. the only reason that glide 'wasnt' as fast as the other graphix cards was because it was doing the same job with 8!! mb of ram. with scvens wrapper u can specify 64 mb or more of memory. rethink your logic- please,?
Soo you have a wooden pc which runs on coal and you think Diablo 2 glide wrapper will speedup PCSX2? Then think again.

Anyway that:
Code:
i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work
translates to something like:
"I am too lazy to install required files, please include them in a pack which will work universally on every computer or tell me how to create such pack"
^actually even worse, couse there's no "please" in your version.

Ummm, no? Tongue
And generally throwing just a few dll's into an application directory "to make it run" is the common idiocy of the "net advisers" which leads to problems that non-lazy users will never have @_@. DX isn't stored in 1 or 2 dll's, it's a whole library linked among loads of files, even if you would run a program by having a few, when they demand the others you'll have problem, same thing for any other requirements.

And yeah I double to that trying to turn every computer around into a gaming console really is a sign of addiction, pcsx2 forum is the last one you should seek help from:].
What logic is there to rethink?
You're talking nonsense about a really old game having or not having issues with an even older API, both of which have nothing to do with PCSX2 or GSdx.

PCSX2 does load dlls from the root directory but depending on your Windows version and settings, DirectX may fail to initialize this way.
Use dependency walker and find out what fails to initialize.

And change your tone please.
(05-03-2012, 06:00 PM)Jickler Wrote: Also this problem could be solved by not requiring every computer you come across to be a surrogate PS2. Sometimes the easiest solution is "hmm, maybe I'll just read a book on my lunch break today."

I'm also not following the thing about the Glide wrapper. If I read the website correctly, what you're doing is forcing your video card to use a non-native API, that's also very old. Are you trying to use it because you want to use OGl instead of Direct3D, but you don't want to use the ZZOGl plugin?

error list
e what you're doing is forcing your video card to use a non-native API
r close but not quite. im trying to use whatever is fastest to render to the screen, direct x is SLOWER at rendering to nonstretched graphics cards. i can prove * because i ran sonic riders at 299.9-300 fps on on archaic LAPTOP [dell vostro 1500 dual core westwood cpu] using gma along with svens wrapper of an earlier version.

i implore you people not to mistake NEW for BETTER. jsut because you dont understand how a dynamic link library is smaller or faster doesnt mean you shouldnt try that enhanced library.

request for continued help and more people on the subject.

fyi. i was the only person who got game boy advance to work on the nokia 700 to 850 with full fps and no sound stuttering. the admins were so high and mighty that they didnt think reworking the fps you using a different library set could result in perfection. much thanks went my way afterwards()
(05-03-2012, 07:59 PM)miseru99 Wrote: 1 Soo you have a wooden pc which runs on coal and you think Diablo 2 glide wrapper will speedup PCSX2? Then think again.

Anyway that:
Code:
i cannot reinstall 500 useless dlls when i only need 4 to get all playstation games to work
translates to something like:
2"I am too lazy to install required files, please include them in a pack which will work universally on every computer or tell me how to create such pack"
^actually even worse, couse there's no "please" in your version.

Ummm, no? Tongue
And generally throwing just a few dll's into an application directory "to make it run" is the common idiocy of the "net advisers" which leads to problems that non-lazy users will never have @_@. DX isn't stored in 1 or 2 dll's, it's a whole library linked among loads of files, even if you would run a program by having a few, when they demand the others you'll have problem, same thing for any other requirements.

And yeah I double to that trying to turn every computer around into a gaming console really is a sign of addiction, pcsx2 forum is the last one you should seek help from:].

1 already did. i can VERIFY it it has a test program, 456 fps. duh troll.
2 stop trolling u useless troll. i can and am currently doing it myself, but i need someone who wrote the code to tell me which dlls it asks for that way I can do the dirty work. IIIIIii, made a pack called direct x perfection, unfortunately i cannot install that or other wrappers until i can get the initial side plugin to load ex:: d3d_16/17/18. i dont know which is the initial primer(the true requirement initial dll) yet cause as mentioned the emulator isnt searching in the root directory and or the plugin isnt searching natively.

this artcile here is a great lead http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...85%29.aspx and im researching it while trying to mantain usefullness of this forum at the same time.

(05-03-2012, 08:01 PM)rama Wrote: What logic is there to rethink?
You're talking nonsense about a really old game having or not having issues with an even older API, both of which have nothing to do with PCSX2 or GSdx.

PCSX2 does load dlls from the root directory but depending on your Windows version and settings, DirectX may fail to initialize this way.
Use dependency walker and find out what fails to initialize.

And change your tone please.

um i dont know what kind of tone your trying to read out of a text only forum. PLEASE understand that i am in a monotone asking mode trying to get results. the logic to rethink is that alternate solutions can result in same or even better results. there is no problem with sven wrapper, there isa problem with all of the video plugins demanding a direct x * .dll be installed and not using opengl no matter what. also i tried loading zero normal and beta and the interface refuses to recognize it as a plugin.
i didnt think i needed to physically type these letters but since it makes u think im less agro,,, "help please?"