do speedhacks really help at all?, also my movies are skipping and choppy
(08-09-2009, 12:19 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote: ..isn't that the way it's supposed to be if the CPU is the bottleneck? If the GPU was the bottleneck, THEN the second core would be 100%...right?

is a 3.7 supposed to report the same thing as a 2.2? both cores on a 3.7 shouldn't even be CLOSE to 100% on native

Sponsored links

Saiki......what? Judging by your status and post count I'd have thought you'd have more in depth knowledge than us who are still trying to understand PCSX2 better, but...I think you need to look into the whole thing a bit more. You're saying that the latest betas are worse, but you're basing that entirely on your own experience and disregarding the fact that no one else has the same complaints..

PS. Sorry to OP, didn't mean to completely change the topic
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Quote:is a 3.7 supposed to report the same thing as a 2.2? both cores on a 3.7 shouldn't even be CLOSE to 100% on native
Any particular reason for that? My 3,6 Core 2 Duo is always 100% load on the first core.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-09-2009, 12:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: What? The first core has the first thread of the emulator, which is the EE and VUrecs (and everything else) while the second is the GS thread that GSdx uses. So the first core should always be 100% if your CPU is the bottleneck. If the second one was 100% too,that would mean your GPU is being bottlenecked too.
Do you even know how this works? Before spreading the new beta is 'crippled' get the facts straight.
Air explained it nicely here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8687.html

picture is worth a thousand words, right?

pic 1 beta 1190, pic 2, SVN 1607 same settings, same plugins, different revision

pic 3, official 1474 beta

and yes, I read Air's explination, and by practice it's inaccurate, I never use vsync

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-09-2009, 12:27 PM)Saiki Wrote: picture is worth a thousand words, right?

pic 1 beta 1190, pic 2, SVN 1607 same settings, same plugins, different revision

Indeed. So how much is 64+78? It's 142. How much is 100+42? It's 142.

So if you bothered to read the thread i quoted (and ever heard anyone else instead of playing it all smart) you'd see:

Air Wrote:Your CPU usage total is the same in both pictures. 57% and 58% respectively. Your GSDX performance readouts are the same. Your avg fps are the same. The only thing that differs is the dispersal pattern across the two cores. This could affect the temperature of your cores, but means nothing for performance.

From http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8687-post...l#pid64432
Now stop spreading misinformation like crippled betas and the like please.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Are you complaining about the CPU usage in the title bar? That CPU percentage represents the GPU..OK I don't really know how to explain in proper terms, hopefully Bositman can sort this out... I see the misunderstanding now..
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(08-09-2009, 12:27 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:is a 3.7 supposed to report the same thing as a 2.2? both cores on a 3.7 shouldn't even be CLOSE to 100% on native
Any particular reason for that? My 3,6 Core 2 Duo is always 100% load on the first core.

look at the pics I have posted, and try it once more on the 1190 beta (or 1298, whichever) you'll see neither core should hit 100 on you, especially for a game like Final fantasy 10

so allow me to get this straight: you're saying that me running a 2.2 on 1298 should be able to outperform the lastest builds on a much faster pc? regaurdless of his bad I bog down the graphics on that other pc? (I configured the emu myself in both cases, my pc ran at 60fps on native, the other ran at 20 with 256. mine =2.2 the other = 3.7)

I'll further state it's near-impossible for me to run any pc game over 800x600, because my cpu is the bottleneck. I watched him play crysis at 11**x720 (I think, didn't catch it quite right I guess)

(08-09-2009, 12:27 PM)Larfin_Man Wrote: You're saying that the latest betas are worse, but you're basing that entirely on your own experience and disregarding the fact that no one else has the same complaints..
on my own experience across 3 pcs, 2 of which are not even mine, I'd say that becomes accurate after a while..

please not that I never noticed this problem untill I dived deeper into researching it myself, as I said, mine are always highm it's not me having the problem, it's me talking about it
Saiki:
Find and comment out SetSingleAffinity() in cpudetect.cpp for now.
We'll go over this when jake is back.
just the one line?

cause I have to switch oses to build, andthe net tents to go batty on my other side

this line?: "static void SetSingleAffinity()"

hm.. well, I commented out both lines that said anything about that command, I'll compile in a bit
No, the call to that function Tongue2
It's in line 229, SetSingleAffinity(); .