Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does a front-end for PCSX2 exist?
Basically, I'm wanting a front end which would allow you to tell which ISO to mount and which settings to use. I currently have 22 folders for games I've configured, each requiring a different setup (I may go throught hem all and see if I have a couple of duplicates) so a front-end would be great.

If none exist...what do you think would be the best way to go about building one? I have very limited experience in c++ and Basic. I am trying to teach myself more of the c++ business, but I've also found c#, Visual Basic, etc...but of course with osmeone ni my psotion, having a few month turn aroundon a rpetty stable application would be near impossible....job, kid, girl...life.

So, any suggestions? Any open-source projects that I could peak at and use a base for a frontend? ANythign already done? I would very much just like to give something back.

Sponsored links

(02-10-2009, 08:17 AM)jrich1982 Wrote: Basically, I'm wanting a front end which would allow you to tell which ISO to mount and which settings to use. I currently have 22 folders for games I've configured, each requiring a different setup (I may go throught hem all and see if I have a couple of duplicates) so a front-end would be great.

If none exist...what do you think would be the best way to go about building one? I have very limited experience in c++ and Basic. I am trying to teach myself more of the c++ business, but I've also found c#, Visual Basic, etc...but of course with osmeone ni my psotion, having a few month turn aroundon a rpetty stable application would be near impossible....job, kid, girl...life.

So, any suggestions? Any open-source projects that I could peak at and use a base for a frontend? ANythign already done? I would very much just like to give something back.

You could probably just make a text based front end or a GUI using Visual Studio. If I were to do something like this, then I'd probably just have the program be able to read/write .ini files. Basically you'd have your pcsx2\inis folder and for each game configuration you want, you'd have a pcsx2\inis\gamename folder. So whenever you want to play a specific game, you'd just read from the pcsx2\inis\gamename folder and overwrite the .inis in pcsx2\inis folder.

If that seems too much of a hassle, then you can just manually copy/paste the inis from folder to folder. Tongue2