does the pcsx2 disc swap function work?
I am trying to do the Samurai warriors 2 xtreme legends importing with the vanilla samurai warriors 2 game..Does the function work or is it not functioning yet?

Sponsored links

It works for a very few games, but generally no.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
From your last thread about the same problem: ... I am not exactly sure where to post now.

(01-11-2015, 09:38 AM)Themaxedgamer Wrote: Wait can I just copy all of my samurai warriors 2 files to my XL files, will that work? or is the disc swapping not fully functional for samurai warriors and dynasty warriors games?

Yes that is a possible workaround. Somebody in the forum did something similar. Rip both games. Put all the vanlilla content to the other disk without overwriting something. Create a new iso containing this combined content. Run this vanilla+extended iso, ask to import vanilla stuff. When he asks you to swap disks just click ok as if you would've done without doing anything. See if that works.
(01-11-2015, 11:57 PM)willkuer Wrote: From your last thread about the same problem: ... I am not exactly sure where to post now.

Yes that is a possible workaround. Somebody in the forum did something similar. Rip both games. Put all the vanlilla content to the other disk without overwriting something. Create a new iso containing this combined content. Run this vanilla+extended iso, ask to import vanilla stuff. When he asks you to swap disks just click ok as if you would've done without doing anything. See if that works.

Do you know how to do that?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dynasty-W...lem-SOLVED
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-11-2015, 11:12 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It works for a very few games, but generally no.

If you know for which games it works, please list them here: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/91

Otherwise, as far as I know swap doesn't work at all for any game.

Apparently it _used_ to work when you have to insert a PS1 CD (not DVD) like Monster rancher games but it got broken at r5886 around February.

If anyone has _new_ info please add it to the github bug.
I just want to ask - if disc change not work at all so is there a way to complete 2 dvd games on pcsx2 like Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams?
If there is a safe between disks it is possible. I think many games save between disks so that they don't need to handle the correct sequence of disks by themselves. The save that is made in the end of one disk can only be opened by the second disk. Very easy procedure.
(01-12-2015, 08:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dynasty-W...lem-SOLVED

Do i listen to drax or bositman?
read bositman's post on the thread, it's the 7th post.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction