dont know where my hardwaer ranks
Hello, I read the stickys and I saw that laptops are not recommend, I also know my laptop is not the best (it was given to me). I was hoping to play FFX on the go. I think got everything setup and working till I gave it a try and it ran really slow. I did some searches and saw here that its likely a hardware problem. I honestly don't know where my hardware ranks. I cant get PCX2 0.9.8 to run faster than 40 FPS it started off around 30. If I wanted to play on my laptop am I just out of luck? or should I look in to the settings to see if that’s why it runs slow. Thanks for any help, and sorry for any inconvenience.

Computer Laptop
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor Intel® Pentium® CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz
Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Graphics Intel® HD Graphics
Gaming graphics 763 MB Total available graphics memory

PCX2 0.9.8
Game FFX on PS2 Disk

Sponsored links

Well your cpu and the integrated graphics are too less for games to run at full speed..sorry nothing much you can do expect play on your ps2 until you can afford an upgrade
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Thanks Postaldude for the fast response, I thought as much. I'm a volunteer so I don't have any money I get get what is given to me. One nice perk for volunteering I get to travel a lot, my hope was to have something to do on the plain or in the hotel especially when they charge $11 a night for internet. Bring my old huge PS2 would not only be a huge hassle but it would be bad for the PS2.
How about playing 2D games? RPG or some sort like that?

Should not be demanding as 3D games...
Almost all the games I have for ps2 are games I got for youth groups I ran. I'm more of a PC gamer and perfer online games. $11 a day for internet is nuts. I also felt like playing FFX again, I might try anyway running slow is better than not at all. I use to be fairly knowlgable about computers but I forgot almost everything I learned. I was hopeing that my hardware was passable and I just had the settings wrong.
Thanks for all the help!