dot Hack Outbreak performance [SOLVED]
Here it is :

[attachment=44954]

Sponsored links

Somehow the site lost itself. Attachement is uploaded but won't show up. Anyway, have this : [Image: attachment.php?aid=44954]
Try turning 8-bit textures off if you have it on (or on if you have it off) as that might make a difference.

That is definitely your CPU being held back by something that has to do with rendering... still a little surprising for that game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
try using "Core Affinity Resident" there you can try set number of cpu core affinity try set 2 or 3 cores.
if it's still not improving it's performance then we need to check your CPU temps. by running core temp.

other concerns you may have is an other-active processes e.g.:scheduled virus-scan,scheduled file-indexing
try disable other active programs.
Hello again !
I think you might have nailed down what was wrong. After turning on 8-bit Texture, It runs perfectly (at least at Native res) !
Fell free to slap my mouth when I'm sprouting nonsense but, the GPU doesn't really seem like it's under heavy load at all. Is this normal ?

Depends on the game and your graphics settings... 9 times out of 10 PCSX2 is going to be CPU bound (as in, your CPU is too slow for a certain game).

As for why 8-bit textures works... well from the configuration guide:

Quote:Allow 8-bit textures: Uses more efficient "palletized textures" for all rendering which reduces the graphic card RAM requirements. On the other hand it increases the processing load and can cause visual bugs. Recommended to try both and see which gives you the most performance.

Some games like 8-bit textures being on, and others will tank in performance. It's really a "try and see how it works on each game" type of setting.
[Image: 2748844.png]
With it on you should be able to increase the res to 2x if not 3x as well and try using the widescreen hack for these games since you you are playing with it streached side to side

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...me-Patches
Yes, I'm running it at 3x native res with PAL60FPS without any kind of problem even in large open areas. Thank you for your help everyone !