dot Hack Outbreak performance [SOLVED]
Hello, I'm trying to run the above mentioned game at 4 times it's Native Res, with texture filtering on AMD FX6100 (stock 3.3 ) with 16 GB Ram and GTX 660 Ti 2 GB .

I'm using PCSX 2 1.1.0.5670 (SVN) on Windows 8 64bit with following configuration :

[attachment=44757]
[attachment=44758]
[attachment=44759]

Is my rig still too weak or am I missing something ?

Sponsored links

Bulldozer/Zambezi is bad at single-thread performance which is what pcsx2 needs most. Piledriver was about a 20% improvement! But for your current situation, overclock where you can, enable MTVU hack, experiement with EE timing and VU cycle stealing to see what works best for this game. Your gpu should be fine for x4, assuming your monitor can display such a resolution.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-29-2013, 01:26 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Bulldozer/Zambezi is bad at single-thread performance which is what pcsx2 needs most. Piledriver was about a 20% improvement! But for your current situation, overclock where you can, enable MTVU hack, experiement with EE timing and VU cycle stealing to see what works best for this game. Your gpu should be fine for x4, assuming your monitor can display such a resolution.

Thanks, I'll try what I can...
Have you actually tried the game? What are your %'s on the top bar for EE and GS? The first generation .hack games are amongst the easiest 3D games to emulate, there really shouldn't be any reason for you to be having slowdown on that CPU. If you get full speed under lower resolutions, we can conclusively say your GPU is what's holding you back.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-29-2013, 01:53 AM)Koji Wrote: Have you actually tried the game? What are your %'s on the top bar for EE and GS? The first generation .hack games are amongst the easiest 3D games to emulate, there really shouldn't be any reason for you to be having slowdown on that CPU. If you get full speed under lower resolutions, we can conclusively say your GPU is what's holding you back.

I've been playing it for hours and the same thing happens whenever the camera is covering a large field : fps drops by 10 and sound slows down... I'll be testing without full screen and report.
Here are the screenshots :

First Game menu :
[attachment=44828]

Then In-game desktop :
[attachment=44829]

Then In-game, with limited view (60 fps):
[attachment=44830]

Finally, In-game when I face detailed view, with more 3D models to display :
[attachment=44831]
I lose more than 10 fps, sound becomes choppy/slows down. The loss is permanent (as long as the camera is left on this view, if I do a close up of main char for example, FPS goes 60 again), and can get worse (particularly when I sweep large areas with cams) accordingly to camera movements.
take off the limiter, let's see what you REALLY get (f4, by the way)
Particularly difficult area :
With Normal limiter :

[attachment=44834]

With no limiter (almost no change in FPS ?):

[attachment=44835]

And even with no limiter, I can get as worse as this :

[attachment=44836]
run it at native rez real fast, same locations
Here it is.
Running at native resolution with Normal Limiter :
[attachment=44838]

Running at native resolution with No Limiter :