Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dvd reading problems, plz help me
Hi

First i have a good Spec "Core 2 Duo E2200 800 FSB + 2x 1GB 1066 MHZ Ram + Sapphire Ultimate 3850 512MB" and i test 3 PS2 game to Linuzapps, and it's no prob to game and movies
My problem is if i use PEOPS or Gigaherz, all movie and intro looks like this, one sec go and one sec stop, i try all opcion but all the same Wacko, Forgot to tell, if the emulator reading the DVD the FPS is going down
O and my windows is XP 32Bit, and i useing the latest verzio

PS: i only have original DVD so no linuzapps tip thx Smile, i dont want to mounting my DVD disc to HDD

So help me to solved this problem

Sponsored links

Quote:if the emulator reading the DVD the FPS is going down

Wow. Did you guess it all alone ?

Quote:i only have original DVD so no linuzapps tip thx , i dont want to mounting my DVD disc to HDD

So, keep lagging. HDD's transfer time is much faster than DVD's, and it makes abig difference when emulating a system.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(03-19-2009, 01:47 AM)biomage Wrote: PS: i only have original DVD so no linuzapps tip thx Smile, i dont want to mounting my DVD disc to HDD
So help me to solved this problem

sure no prob ^^ I'll help ya ! first forget that you ever thought you don't want to make an image of your original DVD and play with linuzapps^^
second use linuzapps ISO CDVD plugin^^
third be happy^^

but you can always hope that you'll be sucked into an alternate universe^^ where dvd drives are faster than HDDs
but cross your fingers that in that universe you'll still want to use the dvd xD
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(03-19-2009, 02:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: So, keep lagging. HDD's transfer time is much faster than DVD's, and it makes abig difference when emulating a system.
The emulator not rev up the DVD -.-, that why lagging
Gigaherz "test" 370 KB/s -.- ye right, my DL DVD Writer only 370 KB/s speed have -.-
Biomage:
How you run PCSX2 is your choice. There are a few considerations, though.

The PS2 CD/DVD player is a low-speed, low laser intensity device designed to run for hours on end.
A typical PC DVD reader, though, is a high speed, high laser intensity device set to read a DVD into a PC as fast as possible. It overheats fairly quickly. (At least, mine can't take over half an hour of continous use without twice that much time cooling down.)
Because of this, doing more than simply reading off of a DVD has not been a priority with the PCSX2 crew.

Isos (Images of those DVDs kept on a hard drive) do have a faster access time. That's not the only consideration, though.
The readers of Isos in PCSX2 are not only buffered by the OS (speeding up read time by taking in larger chunks), but also buffered by the readers themselves. It's a side effect to the compression schemes they use.

There may come a point where PCSX2 (or one of it's plugin coders) gets around to writing some DVD buffering scheme(s). (Read-ahead threads) (Large block reads) (Or doesn't lock the delay of reading a DVD block into their emulator. Their choice) Until then, though, using Isos will give you a smoother emulation.

To the others who posted to this thread (so far): Lay off the guy. It's his choice as to how he uses PCSX2.

efp
Use a popular ISO making tool like Nero to make an ISO image of your game. If you use the ISO your game movies will not run slow.
he said he doesn't want to make it into an iso. Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
not much you can do for speed, pcsx2 runs at 4x dvd (the PS2's speed) while your computer's is probably near 24x or higher (I don't know this info offhand) so it loads the disc as quick as it can, stops, waits to be told to read the next part, stops, etc. if you want better speed, ISO is the only way you're going to get that. otherwise what you're getting now is probably the best you're going to get at all.
Ok i accept it Wacko no PEOPS CDVD Plugin because is not stable Tongue or maybe the plugin not reading good
Why thinking this? ok i tell you Smile,long long long time ego, whin the 0.9.4 it's released, i got the same reading problem "lagging" on PEOPS new CDVD plugin, but whin i import the older version of PEOPS i think is 1.2.0, the lagging wanished Tongue
So that why i thinking that the 1.3.0 PEOPS plugin it's not reading good
yea can use cdvdgigahertz (i use it cause you don't have to close the window to run another dvd Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja