Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dvd rom drive stop working
After I installed the pcsx2 I try using my DVD drive on my PC and it stopped reading my CD, not even showing them as being in the drive.

It spins and lights up just nothing else.

I've tried updating XP and re installing my drivers for it, even scanned my computer for viruses and still nothing.
The same thing happened to my friends laptop when he installed it is there some thing I can do ?

Sponsored links

O.o that surely isn't a "feature" of installing PCSX2. It shouldn't even touch your DVD drive unless you're using CDVD plugin to play directly from dvd and even then it doesn't change anything, just reads from it.

You sure you got pcsx2 install from official site(link)? If you downloaded it from somewhere else maybe somebody made a stupid joke.
check device manager

is the cd drive marked with a !

if so you might need to delete the registry keys for the upper and lower filters and remove the devices from device manager, then redetect.
nope it is marked for most part it should be working I just dont get why it's not
Sony Implemented a Feature, for whenever an Official PS2 Disc is Inserted into a PC DVD Drive and is Emulated on a Windows Machine, a Special Virus is Released from the Official PS2 Disc Which Erases the Firmware of the DVD Drive and Renders it useless, You will Never be able to use your DVD Drive Again, Im Sorry Sad

(09-03-2011, 03:20 AM)Memory Card Wrote: Sony Implemented a Feature, for whenever an Official PS2 Disc is Inserted into a PC DVD Drive and is Emulated on a Windows Machine, a Special Virus is Released from the Official PS2 Disc Which Erases the Firmware of the DVD Drive and Renders it useless, You will Never be able to use your DVD Drive Again, Im Sorry Sad

Please Die.
(09-03-2011, 03:20 AM)Memory Card Wrote: Sony Implemented a Feature, for whenever an Official PS2 Disc is Inserted into a PC DVD Drive and is Emulated on a Windows Machine, a Special Virus is Released from the Official PS2 Disc Which Erases the Firmware of the DVD Drive and Renders it useless, You will Never be able to use your DVD Drive Again, Im Sorry Sad

you are such an idiot i have made an ISO 20 times so far and played directly from a friend DVD 100s of times Laugh
PS2 emulation is serious business.
He was making a joke about Sony's rootkit.
(09-03-2011, 04:31 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Please Die.

Was that post meant to Boost your Post Count .... Troll, i guess that's why ngemu banned you Laugh.

(09-03-2011, 04:36 AM)abdo123 Wrote: you are such an idiot i have made an ISO 20 times so far and played directly from a friend DVD 100s of times Laugh

Another Troll trying to boost his Post Count

(09-04-2011, 04:59 PM)DaMan Wrote: PS2 emulation is serious business.
He was making a joke about Sony's rootkit.

Wow, not thats an Intelligent non-troll post, you joined forum same year as qualltroll and have 500 times less posts then them thats a sign of intelligence. Cool

You Should watch this vid
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStationM...6ek2bKW22A

According to this, Sony added Black Ink to PS1 Discs to Prevent Illegal Copying, I guess if a PS1 Detects a non-Black ps1 disc it wont Play it, they also added Blue Ink to PS2 Discs
Does anyone have BLUE Ps2 discs lol

:edit:
it turns out only PS2 games that uses CDs are Blue :0 - based on my 300+ Genuine PS2 Games Collection that i forever treasure
(squall downloads all of his)

That is just *****

i never saw a blue Ink on PS2 DVD/CD and i have like 50 games back at 2004 Tongue

but i did saw black Ink though on a PC game DVD Ninja

how do we know this is Sony production ?

why not to publish this will sure make pirates afraid it is chemical they can't do a thing Wink ( back when PCSX2 isn't advanced enough to emulate a game probably )

and why i can play PS2 games on PS2 emulator and copying it into ISO and nothing happened to my Driver Wink