• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emulating ps3\xbox360 is the project started yet
beta a web site any thing Tongue
as pcsx2 time line the project started after ps2 come in few time
so i thought that i project might been already started
i am not asking for pcsx3
just any another project is useful Smile

Sponsored links

No. Ask again in ~5 years, when technology MIGHT be able to do it.
Would it be realistically possible to try and build an emulator or try to build a foundation or even try to envision the future of an emulator for a ps3. So you can possibly be ahead of the game when technology comes out to support games for the emulator. Instead of ok technology comes out sweet, now lets build this emulator. Only asking and seeing if that is possible, i have no clue about any sort of emulator technology i just play them and prosper from the smart people who put time and effort to bring us this product.

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T @ 3.2 - 3.6(turbo)
RAM: 6gb ddr3 1333
GPU: ati hd 5770 1gb gddr5
Get a PCIe Cell card and a 7900GTX. Takes care of the hardware part.Biggrin
(01-31-2011, 03:52 AM)Burnstien Wrote: Would it be realistically possible to try and build an emulator or try to build a foundation or even try to envision the future of an emulator for a ps3. So you can possibly be ahead of the game when technology comes out to support games for the emulator. Instead of ok technology comes out sweet, now lets build this emulator. Only asking and seeing if that is possible, i have no clue about any sort of emulator technology i just play them and prosper from the smart people who put time and effort to bring us this product.

yes it is realistic to build a foundation for a ps3 emulator now so that in the future less work needs to be done.
the problem is when you consider the big-optimizations that will make such emulators have playable speeds. these optimizations rely on the current technology (like SSE/AVX), and 5~10 years from now we'll most likely have a lot better architecture/instruction sets, so if you optimize for the current architecture, then it might just be a waste of effort since the optimizations will be obsolete in the future when playable speeds are possible.
SSE for example will almost certainly be obsolete in that time since AVX is going to replace it.
maybe in 10 years we won't even be on x86 processors anymore (i would like that since x86-64 architecture sucks...).
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(01-31-2011, 02:10 PM)cottonvibes Wrote: SSE for example will almost certainly be obsolete in that time since AVX is going to replace it.
maybe in 10 years we won't even be on x86 processors anymore (i would like that since x86-64 architecture sucks...).

interesting didn't know that AVX is going to replace SSE

and X86 architecture has sucked for long time now... but for compatability reasons it hasn't been replaced yet... which, honestly I find hard to believe
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(01-31-2011, 02:20 PM)kabooz Wrote: interesting didn't know that AVX is going to replace SSE

and X86 architecture has sucked for long time now... but for compatability reasons it hasn't been replaced yet... which, honestly I find hard to believe

Well its exactly that. Nobody wants to break compatibility, and its immensly popular. The instruction set still contains backwards compatibility as far back as the 8086 and old processors around that time, even though there's no use for it now (well practically no use). Its to keep compatibility to please the end user. The market is influenced by the end user, since they are what drives the market. The end user doesn't care if their computer runs on x86 or arm or mips or powerpc or whatever. They do care though if they can't check their email. And doing little adjustments at the lowest level can cause huge problems in higher level stuff. I think that x86 should just be done away with in general (after working with MIPS32 I see the amazingness of fixed instruction length RISC stuff. It's beautiful, really.)
While it may be possible to build a foundation now, we are not done with PCSX2 yet! It still takes up a large amount of our time, so devoting time to PCSX3 would be near on impossible.

Until we can get free time, have a better understanding of the PS3 and a machine which might stand a chance of doing more than 1fps on a black screen, we might consider it ;p But the emulator will take a long time. Currently PCSX2 is approximately 250,000 lines of code, (excluding most plugins/3rd party source code), you can expect a PS3 emulator to be probably double that.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
yeah refractions right they all still have more things to do to PCSX2 to make a PCSX3 which makes em uber busy especially if your the Guy fixing regressions so How goes fixing regressions Refrac are there still a lot more you need to fix or have we seen the last wave of your fixes
My New PC
[Image: 1714419.png]
[Image: stargate_sg_1_stamp_by_OmegaDreamSeeker11.jpg]
well you might understand me wrong i am not asking for version ,program or any thing else
what i am asking is project
p-r-o-j-e-c-t
is any team have started
s-t-a-r-t-e-d
a project
so any of you have an idea