Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
emulator
you are working a lot of time on playstation 2 emulators,you or someone else made playstation 1 emulator,I´ve heard that the xbox engine is similar as computer engine but there is not any good emulator yet,why don´t your team joins xbox team and thougether you can make an xbox emulator very fast.Team members can you answer me on my question?

Sponsored links

if its as easy, they need no help

besides wouldnt u rather have them work on pcsx2 instead?
[Image: 1454055.png]
It's not easy. And the programmers have lives too, they can't code 2 next-gen emulators simultaneously (and probably don't want to either)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-31-2009, 11:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's not easy. And the programmers have lives too, they can't code 2 next-gen emulators simultaneously (and probably don't want to either)

yes it´s true but why they don´t make xbox emulator because is easier to make than ps2 emulator I would try to make own emulator but I don´t know anything about it so I will must wait until I finish my school for computers and then I will try
(08-31-2009, 11:48 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: if its as easy, they need no help

besides wouldnt u rather have them work on pcsx2 instead?

better two minds than one,better two hands than one
Go ahead and code it. It will probably take you about 3 years to get anything to run, if you're good Tongue
Moved to off-topic
(09-01-2009, 12:02 AM)Bositman Wrote: Go ahead and code it. It will probably take you about 3 years to get anything to run, if you're good Tongue
Moved to off-topic

If you tell me how I wii learn quick how to do it and I will start my own project caled psonic 2 ps2 emulator
I have no idea. You should start reading Xbox architecture docs and probably learn TOP level C++, which if you don't know already will take you 5 years +
(09-01-2009, 12:12 AM)Bositman Wrote: I have no idea. You should start reading Xbox architecture docs and probably learn TOP level C++, which if you don't know already will take you 5 years +

what is the reason that you make new ps2 emulator soo slow maybe if some other teams that are making other emulators can help you in some things that are very small but also very important for pcsx2 emulator.If you ask they will help you I´m sure
If they want to help, the project is open source. Anyone can send their code. What do you mean 'so slow' ? Emulating the PS2 is extremely difficult and it's amazing PCSX2 works this well so soon.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2

Learn. Code. Submit patches and contributions.
These things will help PCSX2 progress a lot more than pointing out that it's slow and needs help.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team