entry point error
I have a problem runing the latest pcsx2 version everytime I try to run them I get this error
(the procedure entry point (get logical processor information) could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL 32.DLL.)

any help would be appreciated

Im runing XP-SP2. 32bit

Sponsored links

You should probably update to SP3. Back in high school where all computers were old XP machines, applications wouldn't install or run because of some kernel issue.

EDIT: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-pcsx2-speed-issue
If your computer is the one described here, you REALLY should get something better before attempting to run any PS2 game.
(05-24-2014, 04:25 PM)Coornio Wrote: You should probably update to SP3. Back in high school where all computers were old XP machines, applications wouldn't install or run because of some kernel issue.

REALY!?! I thought my hardrive may have been damaged, I had a lot of
entrypoint error's after I did a clean install but after instaling sp2, I only seem to have this one, so you dont think my hdd is damaged?
(05-24-2014, 04:31 PM)Leon8200 Wrote: REALY!?! I thought my hardrive may have been damaged, I had a lot of
entrypoint error's after I did a clean install but after instaling sp2, I only seem to have this one, so you dont think my hdd is damaged?

What else gave you entry point errors? If it happens often there may indeed be some damage to files. You may want to get http://crystalmark.info/software/Crystal...dex-e.html and see what state your hard disk is in. If it's in caution, you should still be okay, but if on the red you might want to consider a replacement.

If your hard disk was damaged, there's one of two things that could have happened:
1) Some sectors went bad and were promptly replaced, the chances of damage to your filesystem are practically non-existent
2) Too many sectors gone bad which would imply that your hard disk is failing, which in turn means that you'd either be unable to access a portion of your data or fail to boot at all.

Considering PCSX2 simply does not start up due to some kernel error, i do believe it might have something to do with your computer running SP2 instead of SP3. HOWEVER. I am not absolutely positive that is the case, and there are cases where the hardware is so old that it CANNOT support SP3. If that's the case, either it will miraculously boot, or it will get stuck on the boot screen after install. If you plan to run the update, i suggest you back up any important data you might have.
(05-24-2014, 04:36 PM)Coornio Wrote: What else gave you entry point errors? If it happens often there may indeed be some damage to files. You may want to get http://crystalmark.info/software/Crystal...dex-e.html and see what state your hard disk is in. If it's in caution, you should still be okay, but if on the red you might want to consider a replacement.

If your hard disk was damaged, there's one of two things that could have happened:
1) Some sectors went bad and were promptly replaced, the chances of damage to your filesystem are practically non-existent
2) Too many sectors gone bad which would imply that your hard disk is failing, which in turn means that you'd either be unable to access a portion of your data or fail to boot at all.

Considering PCSX2 simply does not start up due to some kernel error, i do believe it might have something to do with your computer running SP2 instead of SP3. HOWEVER. I am not absolutely positive that is the case, and there are cases where the hardware is so old that it CANNOT support SP3. If that's the case, either it will miraculously boot, or it will get stuck on the boot screen after install. If you plan to run the update, i suggest you back up any important data you might have.

yeah I'll download that, and see what's up with my drive, I used sp3 before on another pc, but thought I should just use sp2 for this one as it's a little faster than sp3. I can get some speed with a few game's
persona 3 fes 50-55 fps
grandia 2 full speed
ffX 45-60fps
disgaea 120 fps I have to limit that one
Any updates?