experinceing slow frame rates
Im completely new to this whole thing. I was given the emulator by a friend and I don't know everything about it. I've been able to figure out most things. But on many different games I try I get really slow FPS. I would appreciate any tips. My computer specs are

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Graphics Card Radeon HD 6490M
Locale United States
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.95 GB
Available Physical Memory 5.62 GB
Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 13.3 GB
Page File Space 7.95 GB

Sponsored links

You're going to have to be specific on those games you're trying.

In general, your system is ok, but if your GPU is the DDR3 variant, the I'll start by suggesting a lower internal resolution. Try Native res. Heck, you might wanna try Native even if yours is the GDDR5.

Your CPU is actually pretty decent itself, but a limitation in the graphics may keep you from seeing this. Also, it's not too awful fast, so Speedhacks can still prove necessary, and not every game will run well in the end.
First of all its Mobile Type CPu and GPU (Notebook)which might cause slowdown. Some bit demanding games may run slow. 2.30Ghz is a bit low. Make sure you aren't overheating. As said, Speedhacks will do a good work.

Two more things you may try: but they are game specific.

1) Enable the Allow8-bit Texture.

2)Frame Skip. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
I will speak highly against Frame Skipping.
If you're that desperate, you should return to your PS2, and not butcher the games you're trying to play.

2.3Ghz isn't that bad on SB arch, and the 2.6Ghz from Turbo wouldn't be far off from the "3.2Ghz Core 2" recommendation. Although, there are certainly the heavier games that would prove a too much for it. That's why people need "to be specific on those games". Wink
alright the last game I tried was Rouge Galaxy that really slowed down. One I tried before that was Zone of Enders which was also very slow
Those aren't the easiest games to run well.
Also, make sure your laptop's Power Plan is on"High Performance".
Have you tried them again with Native res and some Speedhacks?
(Use presets if uncertain which hacks to use)

What kind of FPS can you manage with those settings?