extremly slow game playing
well I am kinda new to Pcsx2 (been using the emulator for PS1 without problems so far) and now I installed Pcsx2 0.9.6 and tried playing some games, so far only Legaia 2 Dual Saga, Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2
I tried using some config with the graphics which solved a bit (ghosted monsters)

but it is still running very slow, it might be, because my pc is not the youngest anymore (bought beginning 2007)
here is now only my system ^^

AMD Anthlon ™ 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4200+
2.21 GHz, 1,00 GB RAM
Radeon X1600 Series

I can play normaly other games (like Lord of the Rings Online).

Sponsored links

Yeah that processor is on the slow side for PCSX2...tried using some speed hacks? Also,try using the latest beta PCSX2 and plugins,that should give you some more speed too.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok its a slight bit better, but in battle sequences its slow, will try some settings ^^

eSPXe was easier with the config XD, PCSX2 is a bit more complicated, but also easy to understand ^^
you might want to try my low-cpu settings (you can find it if you search my threads, it's literally called "my settings")
(06-06-2009, 07:10 PM)Saiki Wrote: you might want to try my low-cpu settings (you can find it if you search my threads, it's literally called "my settings")

It's irrelevant because you're using an Intel, whereas he's using an AMD.. Clock speed's don't apply..
The E5200 for example, out performs the 3GHZ AMD dual core
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
a weak cpu s a weak cpu, AMD or intel
its now much better thx ^^

my only issue now is only in Dark Cloud 2, when there is a battle it is slight slowed down (not to bad) and when there is a cutscene, when they talk, it is extremly laggy. which gets annoying after a while XD

but now I can play some games I used to play before moving to germany (since I have lots of US games I can't play anymore, good thing I kept my US PS2 for the bios XD)

PS: I am still a she, Female in rl XD
your us ps2 should still work on the PAL TVs, just get a PAL power cord lol I swap out my PSP and PS2 cords alot. so there's no harm in useing a different cord, all the systems are built the same.
well my US PS2 has the older power cord (bought before 2004 so it is the huge box XD) and I did try and the PS2 ate my Wild Arms 3 game XD now missing my WA3 game already for 4 years XD
hm.. well, that kinda sucks.. but yea.. if my settings don't do much for you, there is little that you can do, except get a faster PC

and just fyi, when I said to swap the cords, I meant from the same model (a fat one for a fat one, not a slim for a fat one)