feature request
Hello all I finally decided to open a new thread OK I have an idea how about if I plug my xbox360 controller I get automatic button bindings I just thought that the xbox360 controller is popular with games maybe you could make button setup automatic it would save me some time not having to set it up myself how would you like the idea waiting for replies...

Sponsored links

Doesn't each controller get a unique key bind number as identifier? I don't think it would be possible to make a working system like that for PCSX2. Not sure though.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(07-25-2015, 01:24 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Doesn't each controller get a unique key bind number as identifier? I don't think it would be possible to make a working system like that for PCSX2. Not sure though.
Here is what I have     I wonder if someone can make the whole process automatic it would be a great help don't you think
For example ppsspp have build in settings for the controllers and they work 100% correct when I use my Logitech GamePad but the when I try my Trust GamePad,almost all of the buttons are wrong.

The same goes for PC games.
And why not just copy the settings file for LilyPad somewhere and use it when you start another pcsx2 version which don't have settings for LilyPad
You also have Save\Load Bindings buttons
(07-25-2015, 01:53 PM)vsub Wrote: For example ppsspp have build in settings for the controllers and they work 100% correct when I use my Logitech GamePad but the when I try my Trust GamePad,almost all of the buttons are wrong.

And why not just copy the settings file for LilyPad somewhere and use it when you start another pcsx2 version which don't have settings for LilyPad
"why not just copy the settings file for LilyPad somewhere and use it when you start another pcsx2 version which don't have settings for LilyPad" this only works if you already made it before but what if I made a fresh install of PCSX2 then what...?
And like you do that every day.
It takes less than a minute to configure the keys.

I still don't understand what's the point of emulators having an installer version if they can work perfectly fine in portable mode(pcsx2,ppsspp,dolphin and so on)
(07-25-2015, 01:53 PM)vsub Wrote: For example ppsspp have build in settings for the controllers and they work 100% correct when I use my Logitech GamePad but the when I try my Trust GamePad,almost all of the buttons are wrong.

make it automatic for xbox360 controller only since it is so popular and all
(07-25-2015, 02:20 PM)vsub Wrote: And like you do that every day.
It takes less than a minute to configure the keys.

I still don't understand what's the point of emulators having an installer version if they can work perfectly fine in portable mode(pcsx2,ppsspp,dolphin and so on)
"It takes less than a minute to configure the keys." it actually takes some time sometimes I even forget to map some keys by mistake because I want to finish it quickly so at the very least it should be an option like in a check-box for example you know some people might use it some people might not like it hence being in a check-box
You configure it once, copy the lilypad.ini somewhere and you can use it -every time-.

Even when you do a clean reinstall you can just copy the backup you made back then to use it with a different PCSX2. I've been using the same .ini file since a very loooong time ago.

X360 controller is popular, but so are Logitech F510, Logitech F310, Logitech F710s. Razer controllers are used commonly as well, and they all function perfectly within PCSX2. So if you do it for one controller, people will start asking for others too.

But it still leaves my original message, I think each key gets a unique number per controller. So even if Person A and Person B have a 360 controller, the identifier might be different.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(07-25-2015, 03:04 PM)Ryudo Wrote: You configure it once, copy the lilypad.ini somewhere and you can use it -every time-.

Even when you do a clean reinstall you can just copy the backup you made back then to use it with a different PCSX2. I've been using the same .ini file since a very loooong time ago.

X360 controller is popular, but so are Logitech F510, Logitech F310, Logitech F710s. Razer controllers are used commonly as well, and they all function perfectly within PCSX2. So if you do it for one controller, people will start asking for others too.

But it still leaves my original message, I think each key gets a unique number per controller. So even if Person A and Person B have a 360 controller, the identifier might be different.
" if you do it for one controller, people will start asking for others too. " You got me man you are right! " So even if Person A and Person B have a 360 controller, the identifier might be different." does that statement hold if we use a program like that...