few questions
Thanks for helping me out from crash & cdvd/iso issues <3

i have few more questions:
1. How i can improve Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex speed (i made ss)
2. Why when i reboot/restart/re-open game/pcsx2 i have to load controller settings again... sometimes it gives error about can't save or w/e (plugin Lilypad svn (r.2930) 0.10.0).

[Image: 2hojn2s.jpg]

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Try using SSE4 version, I think you can use it since I dont think they will show up otherwise. Anyway post all your settings and pc specs.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(08-14-2010, 07:51 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Try using SSE4 version, I think you can use it since I dont think they will show up otherwise. Anyway post all your settings and pc specs.

Graphic Card:
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 256bit

[Image: 24ditc5.jpg]
[Image: xeem9.jpg]
Your CPU is too slow for almost every game out there. It can't absolutely run the less demanding games at full speed unless you go deep into the speed hacks. VU cycle stealing are more or less "harmful" depending on game but it's your best bet there. In some games you may be obliged to abuse it to the far right, disabling the FPS limiter and hoping the erratic behavior is not above the acceptable.

For many games VU cycle stealing in moderate will be the better, with maybe some lag in a few instances but still better than that low raw FPS. For a few games even the minimal speed hack can break the game to the point of unplayability, fortunately they aren't that much.

Overclock can help a bit but Upgrading the CPU is the only real solution there. The video card is OK for most games.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-14-2010, 09:03 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Your CPU is too slow for almost every game out there. It can't absolutely run the less demanding games at full speed unless you go deep into the speed hacks. VU cycle stealing are more or less "harmful" depending on game but it's your best bet there. In some games you may be obliged to abuse it to the far right, disabling the FPS limiter and hoping the erratic behavior is not above the acceptable.

For many games VU cycle stealing in moderate will be the better, with maybe some lag in a few instances but still better than that low raw FPS. For a few games even the minimal speed hack can break the game to the point of unplayability, fortunately they aren't that much.

Overclock can help a bit but Upgrading the CPU is the only real solution there. The video card is OK for most games.
thanks, i've did it and now i have 50fps+- i can play kinda normally now Tongue ty
Actually PCSX2 uses two cores, one for EE and another for GS. The load balance depends on the game and can vary while the game runs.

There is no immediate plan to turn PCSX2 fully multithreaded because the difficulties in emulate and synchronizing several actual hardware processors almost kills the potential advantages it could bring.

What you see is one of these synchronizing issues, PS2 processing is pipeline, so if one node stalls the whole thing stalls together. Albeit you see only the gauge for the two major blocks, they are not the only going in background and the bottleneck can be on VU0 now, SPU, VU1, the own EE and GS... and so on. Again, any of these being late the whole processing stalls.

For that reason sheer CPU power is needed to minimize that problem, main reason for that high minimal and recommended specs for PCSX2.

And still is not only about the CPU's clock speed, it's architecture plays a main role too, so a newer slower clock CPU performs better than an old higher clocked one.
Imagination is where we are truly real