few questions staritng out
First time trying an emulator as tricky as the PS2.
Anyway:

1) I op. Vista Ult 64-bit, so Playground will be fine for me right? TBL and VM blahblahs only matters to 0.9.5 and below right?

2) Whats the Bios version recommended for maximum stability? I know there's a process to rip it from my old-as-dirt PS2, so I';d assume that would yield the old scph-1000. I looked around, so-to-speak, and read that there's a 7004 bios; is that the one I want?

3) Going along the lines of 2, after ive identified the bios i need, what other files do I need to go with it? I know plugins are supplied here but am I just going to need the bios (like with pcsx) or are there some companion files to go with it? And what versions suit the latest bios?

4) Ehh... ill work my way solo from there. Its just hard to ID the starting files needed since im basically jumping into the ocean with no prior swim-training hoping to stay afloat XD Tons of versions of ***** exist Im sure, so it gets overwhelming x_x

Appreciate it.

P.S. That is what part of the alphabet would look like if we excluded Q and R. Also, yes I did do some searching around and commonsensed my way through the search engine, but that only shaved the q-list to the above 3.

To the fruities that got married over the emulator, all the best and congratulations (however late i am ^^).

- The new millennium: blurring the lines of the digital and real world little by little until life becomes one big .hack game <3

P.S.2 (lol) Was reading around.. but i think im gonna stop cuz now im just confusing myself worse. In fact, am i in the wrong forum? I dont think i was even in the vicinity with the schp-xxxx question cuz someone in PG said their bios was 1.60US or some nonsense. Somethin about no 64-bit builds too... nyeeee

PS3 (woohoo) Sucks to be an insomniac. Anyway, compiled a list of what I think are the relevant files:

PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.bin
PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.MEC
PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.NVM
rom1.bin
scph10000.bin
scph10000.NVM
scph39001.bin
scph39001.MEC
scph39001.NVM
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.BIN
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.EROM
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.NVM
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM1
SCPH-70004_BIOS_V12_PAL_200.ROM2

Now what out of those would I want? For US.

Sponsored links

*sigh* Ok first of all,the BIOS you need is the BIOS taken from your PS2.No it won't be the old scph-1000 except if you have a first version japanese PS2.
Second,it is ILLEGAL to use any other bios file than the one taken from your own PS2,so delete all those bios files you probably downloaded and start using your own,or this thread gets closed and you get warned for violating our piracy policy.
About VM and TLB: if you're using 0.9.4,0.9.5 beta or Playground release,use the one that works for you
If you're using Playground beta (http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2731.html ),both of these have been replaced by the Vtlb build which works with all systems.
For latest plugins,check our site ( http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn ).
You should also have read the guide,in our stickies: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I thought you might say two of those things. I knew about the plugins but thanks for restating. I did read the guide but I make it a point to reinforce my understanding when I do stuff like this. Its hard just jumping into how many years of development.

As for legality, let me worry about that. I wasnt asking for a download link and nobody said I downloaded anything, pal. Was just asking to ID the examples.

Nothing was done wrong here, but Id be lying if I said I didnt expect you to respond part of the way ya did =P

*cough* piracy is ***** *hack*

Also, im using the latest PG release. Hence my questions because the guide is .94-specific so I was hoping Id dodge a bullet by getting a clear understanding of what im doing first.

So, my BIOS will work fine even if its a very early US model?
I think I will just close this thread and warn you.

Piracy is not ***** and we do not condone it.