ffx-2 problem
Ive played ffx on the pcsx2 .9.6 version and it works great except for when it started crashing for some odd reason i dont know. but ffx-2 doesnt even work properly to begin with. all the plugins for the graphics thing cause it to start blinking or shake like crazy or have these lines going everywhere and i get low fps. I dont know if its a bug or if my computer is too slow. but most likely a bug i think cuz if my computer was just too slow it was just give me slow speed and not all these weird emulations. Has anyone else experienced this with ffx-2 or another game?

my desktop

intel core i3 2.93 ghz
6gb ddr3 1333mhz
ati radeon 5450 (1gb)

Sponsored links

FFX-2 videos are bugged with GSdx hardware renderer, they show up properly with a Software renderer. Low speed is normal, FFX-2 videos are even used as a benchmark because of the CPU power they demand ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2 )
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-02-2010, 07:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: FFX-2 videos are bugged with GSdx hardware renderer, they show up properly with a Software renderer. Low speed is normal, FFX-2 videos are even used as a benchmark because of the CPU power they demand ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2 )

ok so i need to get a better processor? or would it be better to just buy a ps2 off of someone? cuz the beginning of the game is what i have a problem with. when your fighting right after the intro movie its going at like 23 fps and its all in slow motion so is it only for that scene or is teh whole entire game gunna be slow? oh and btw zz ogl plugin in teh 0.9.7 version runs it without the shakeyness and the lines and blinking (but only sometimes, its like a hit or miss i think).
*sight* You need to own a Playstation 2 to use PCSX2 legally, since the BIOS file the program requires HAS to be extracted from a console you own. Else it is illegal. No, only videos are slow.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-02-2010, 08:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: *sight* You need to own a Playstation 2 to use PCSX2 legally, since the BIOS file the program requires HAS to be extracted from a console you own. Else it is illegal. No, only videos are slow.

ok so i just have to beat the battle in the luca stadium and then the game (except for videos) will run a more reasonable speed? lol
(05-02-2010, 08:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: *sight* You need to own a Playstation 2 to use PCSX2 legally, since the BIOS file the program requires HAS to be extracted from a console you own. Else it is illegal. No, only videos are slow.

omfg thank you bositman that thread you posted up about teh benchmark thing helped me set up the configuration correctly its doing as you said the movies are slow but the game is running at normal speed. thank you!
No problem!
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64