ffx very slow on laptop
I know how bad it drops on demi and ifrit for my 8600GT.. (5fps sometimes..)

shiva will drop it a little, but only while the shattering is going on, that's about 120 frames (or so)

Sponsored links

(05-28-2012, 05:00 PM)Livy Wrote: The 350M & HD Graphics is capable of playing FFX at 50 - 60 FPS, drops down to 40 FPS in battle at native res. If you are unable to achieve the above mentioned speed, your settings must have been wrong.

I do not remember how the FPS drops in the Highroad or when summoning Shiva though.

Thats a strong statement compared to what the other guys said. Do you know what sort of configuration will get it running with those speeds on my laptop?
follow the guide in his sig
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-28-2012, 05:50 PM)jesalvein Wrote: follow the guide in his sig

What guide is that? can't find it..
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-con...-SUPPORTED
(05-28-2012, 05:36 PM)felisimo Wrote: Thats a strong statement compared to what the other guys said. Do you know what sort of configuration will get it running with those speeds on my laptop?

I suppose jesalvein (as well as many ppl here) does not have low end hardware so they do not know how exactly how a particular game runs. But I do have many low end hardware around to test. Happy

Last year I played FFX on a HP ProBook with an (i3 330M 2.13 Ghz + Intel HD) and an Sony Vaio with an (i3 350M 2.26 Ghz + Intel HD) and that was the result I got. No special setting: just leave all default and use recommended speedhacks, including MTVU. Remember to tick 'Native' in GSDX panel. (At that time there were no MTVU to use.)

P.S: I considered 40 FPS in battle quite annoying, so I just played a little and lost interest soon after. Anyway, I progressed to Besaid and was leaving the island. I am not sure what kind of framerate you will get in the rest of the game. You need to try it yourself, but it should be the same, except for the Highroad, Ifrit overdrive, Shiva summoning, and Demi casting. You need a more powerful CPU for the Highroad, and a better GPU for the others.
Actually, I used to have low end hardware a few months ago...
the beginning was ok until you get to mihein road...
But has you said, you'll see by yourself...
Me too, I had a Dell XPS 1530...and it was terrible.

The processor was fair enough I suppose - Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz, but my graphics card was an on-board NVIDIA 8600GT. 4GB DDR2 memory and ... ugh... Windows Vista.

I guess my old system was about the same as Saiki's, so he should know.
(05-29-2012, 03:52 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Me too, I had a Dell XPS 1530...and it was terrible.

The processor was fair enough I suppose - Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz, but my graphics card was an on-board NVIDIA 8600GT. 4GB DDR2 memory and ... ugh... Windows Vista.

I guess my old system was about the same as Saiki's, so he should know.

I was playing FFX in HD with a 8400M GT and Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz max fps except Shiva/ifrit/demi etc.

That laptop I optimised to Hell LoL.
<REDACTED>
Really? Mine wouldn't do it. It said it was a 256MB card...