ffxii ugh
Question 
hey everyone, new to the pcsx. don't quite understand it all.

problem I am having is with ff12 is when the main opening movie is over everything slows down gets robotic. the movie plays at about 55-60fps but once its over it drops down in the 20's.

im using pscx2 0.0.6
I ve tried messing with all the settings a bunch but im pretty much at the same settings as when I installed it.

if anyone can help me out it would be much appricated!

Sponsored links

the game play is even slower by the way, down at like 8 fps
really..??? i play FFXII without problem...!!! though in some area got fps drop but overall is fine...!
Excl...................Tongue
Wat is ur comp specs?
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
(04-03-2009, 07:56 AM)korruptr Wrote: the game play is even slower by the way, down at like 8 fps

if that's the opening of FF12, it ALWAYS happens get passed that and you should be ok (that first prolog boss before using Vaan)
(04-03-2009, 08:06 AM)Mortred Wrote: Wat is ur comp specs?

running 32 bit vista
intel duo core 1.86ghz
3 gigs ddr ram
radeon x1300/x1550 series video card

trying right now to at least get past that first boss and see what happens.. if anyone has ideas on how to increase this would be great to know. i wanna go buy a controller for my pc but not if this isnt going to work Sad

thanks for the help guys
I dont think youll be satisfied with that computer no matter what you do.
(04-04-2009, 03:51 AM)Shallow Wrote: I dont think youll be satisfied with that computer no matter what you do.

man i havent ever really had any problems with this computer, all the games i ve played i have never had problems with, all the mmos and anything of the sort.
Hmmm... 1.86Ghz and that radeon are pretty low specs for emulating a ps2 (mostly your cpu, as emulation requires a realy good CPU).

Try this (may help), in "config", on "speed hack", try enabling "Use x2 cycle rate" (x3 will be better but see if FFXII doesn't crash on that). This will get you bad sound on videos but better gameplay speed.

Also, on the right there are 3 checkboxes. Try enabling the first two too.

Select the GSdx plugin that suits your CPU (SSE2, SSSE3 or SSE4.1). You will know this by downloading CPU-Z (google for it). It will tell you. And be sure to check under "config" and then "cpu" all the checkboxes are checked and on the right, where it says "frame limit", select "normal".

After all this tell me if it has improved. Anyways as I said, a 1.8Ghz processor is very weak for the game. I have a 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo and even this makes FF X-2 slow down at some points. (and FFXII is heavier than FFX-2)

Anyways. Try that and tell me what you get =]
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
With that PC of yours I wouldn't expect any satisfactory performance with FF12.