file not found Path IsoFileSystem??
I'm not using PCSX2 on linux regularly, but some clarifications:

- If you use ISO files - you don't need a plugin nor virtual reader, since PCSX2 can read ISO files directly without anything extra (from the menu: CDVD -> ISO selector -> Browse).

- If you want to use actual physical PS2 DVD which you put at the DVD tray - you'd need to use a plugin. Such plugin is not available at the 1.4 release (which you use), but is available on newer (development/test) versions. Not sure how you should get a pre-built new version, maybe someone else could help you.

Please post the entire log of your attempt (from the console window), and maybe someone would be able to identify the cause.

Sponsored links

when i go to CDVD => iso sector i dont need to select browser because all the iso games are listed below... when i go to system => boot cdvd full or fast i get an error message saying... "File not found Path: IsoFileSystem.
What is your CDVD plugin ? Could you post the emu log.

You can also use the attached plugin if you want to use a DVD or a CD (not an iso).

Attached Files
.xz   libcdvdGigaherz.so.xz (Size: 22,07 KB / Downloads: 298)
i have cdemu. I asked earlier about Cdvd gigaherz and if there was a version for linix. Is that the link you posted below?
you don't need cdemu. Yes the above post contains the linux version of cdvd gigaherz. I compiled on my distribution (debian), hopefully it will work on your side. But be aware external cdvd plugin are for real dvd. Iso must be loaded with the internal loader of PCSX2.
i saved your link, i extracted it, I opened it with archive manager. I dont understand why this isnt working. Does anyone with Ubuntu have this up and running???
(11-24-2016, 07:47 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Hey, do you have any suggestions??

Is there a way to increase the importance of this thread so someone can solve this problem? This does run on ubuntu.
I do have ubuntu 64bit
OK i followed these steps
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

sudo apt-get update

Then you need to add a Gregory's ppa:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

sudo apt-get update

Now it's time to install it. And the trick is to install unstable 32-bit version:

sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

now the emulator wont recognize the bios i previously had. I get a message...

the configured gs plugin file was not found /usr/lib/games/PCSX2/Please Configure Press Ok to go to the plugin Configuration Panel...

I JUST WANT TO PLAY PS@ GAMES!! Please anyone help me solve this
First my above link was done on my Debian distribution. It might not work on Ubuntu. Anyway, dump your DVD to an iso and use the internal loader and it will be fine.

If you don't post the full log message (or a screenshot with the terminal log), nobody could help you. There are various guide available and hopefully translated in your mother tongue (if you're not an english speaker).