final fantasy XII controler problem ( switches leader)
installed on Linux mint
when ever I leave a city with a team member I cannot walk anywhere because when I try it switches leaders this is the only game so far that this happens in not sure what the fix is

Sponsored links

How is switching leaders related? Do you use a keyboard or a gamepad?
game pad when I use either the dpad or analogue it switches back and forth to chose a leader

(10-13-2015, 04:42 AM)Shadowmeph Wrote: game pad when I use either the dpad or analogue it switches back and forth to chose a leader
Please show first and second page of lilpad settings.
I would more guess he is on onepad since he is on Linux...
Simple questions:
Do you use dualshock3/4?
Do you know if onepad was compiled with SDL1.x or SDL2?
SDL1.x is kinda broken, I experience big problem too... Solution for now is to use SDL2.
Try to use the plugin I joined, it's compiled with SDL2 and fixes. You can find source code here otherwise:
https://github.com/3kinox/pcsx2/tree/rumble_onepad

If you clone my git, don't forget to checkout the branch rumble_onepad, otherwise it's just outdated stuff you will have Wink
After compile with ./build.sh --sdl2
If you don't know how to compile, just use plugin I gave as attachement.

Attached Files
.zip   libonepad-1.1.0.zip (Size: 284,73 KB / Downloads: 134)
Sorry. First time i saw it the second time i missed the linux header.

Maybe you can tell us your controller brand and model.
I would guess that your controller maps the dpad and left analog controls to be equal. I have such a controller and would believe to get the same result as you.

I played that game a hundred times but con not remember how to switch leader and move in the open world. I guess you dont have real analog input and therefore can not move.

If possible i would try to use the keyboard instead to check where the error is introduced.
Need to have the analog light on when mapping with a Playstation controller in OnePad or conflicts with the buttons will occur.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

the controler is a NCIkI ( never heard of it before) I will try the compile route,,, just been a while since I have used Linux
(10-13-2015, 06:22 PM)Shadowmeph Wrote: the controler is a NCIkI ( never heard of it before)  I will try the compile route,,, just been a while since I have used Linux
(10-13-2015, 02:41 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Need to have the analog light on when mapping with a Playstation controller in OnePad or conflicts with the buttons will occur.

wow ok that worked, I had thought that I had did this before but now that I remember correctly I turned the analogue on when mapping the the anolog but turned it off when mapping the dpad , now that I redid it correctly ( with the anolog button on all the time) it works  thank you so much Smile