for the love of god! (login attempts and password recovery)
OK seriously who thought it was a good idea to have the password faill attempts at 3 times? i am registered to many different websites and when i come on here i fail to remember my password at least more than 3 times and its so annoying to wait 15 minutes just to fail to remember it again!

But thelasthallow why don't you just send an email and make a new password?

I LOL AT THAT! because i fail it anyways. Its like ok 1st attempt to log in. Password fail. Ok time to recover my account through email. checks email ok Click the link to reset password and copy the new password from email.

HMM the login didn't work (2nd attempt) so lets type it in...FAILED AGAIN? Now i gott wait 15 minutes.

(checks email again)

OH LORD They sent me a 2nd Email with ANOTHER new password in it? what about the one they just sent me (checks email) Oh wow the link they have me click on to reset my password sends me a new password.

So whats the point of sending a new password in the email with the link when the link in the first email sends you a 2nd new password that invalidates the first one?

Anyways the only reason i have made this post is because this has happened to me 3 or 4 times and its getting old. and the login attempts needs to be increased with the time to wait upon failing decreases.

Anyways i hope i don't get banned for this because i really like PCSX and the community even though i don't post much.
Propane and Propane Accessories i tell you what!

Sponsored links

mockery incoming.
Ever heard about brute force hacking passwords? That's exactly what it prevents...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-07-2011, 01:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Ever heard about brute force hacking passwords? That's exactly what it prevents...

The first thing i dont get is why is anyone even worried about there password on a forum like this? its not a pay site nor is any standard information kept on it.

heck not even more mainstream sites that have 1000's of people a day connecting use this kind of security.

Plus i don't think a 15 minute would keep anyone from getting a password just slow them down.

IMHO a useless feature that only hurts the members that use the site.

[Image: 30017d1314488419-omg-help-me1-943227833d...760-29.jpg]

This has got to be the most idiotic attempt at reasoning i've ever come across.

All the bastards stung by the gizmodo breach want your residential address.
(10-06-2011, 11:54 PM)thelasthallow Wrote: ...when i come on here i fail to remember my password at least more than 3 times...

Uh... so maybe make an easier password next time you join a site? Tongue2
Just sayin but you're supposed to use passwords that are easy to remember and since apparently you're not worried about passwords in a site like this, it should be an even easier one.

Just deal with it, this is standard for many sites, if you contact an admin they can reset or change the password for you even...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-07-2011, 04:23 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Uh... so maybe make an easier password next time you join a site? Tongue2
Just sayin but you're supposed to use passwords that are easy to remember and since apparently you're not worried about passwords in a site like this, it should be an even easier one.

Just deal with it, this is standard for many sites, if you contact an admin they can reset or change the password for you even...

Look all im saying is i constantly having trouble with this site and this site only. all the other websites i use dont time me out for 15 minutes just for getting my password wrong. then when i try and get a new password Via email and enter it wrong just to get timed again.

So send me a PM if you want a reset or PM with a new password you may want.

Thing is all this comes down to you having trouble remembering the password and not the system itself...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
First, as the other said before me, it is not the system's fault you keep forgetting your password. All this procedure is tiresome yes, but it is supposed to be a rare fallback measure and was not intended for members to go through it each time they want to log it. So in that regard, it is your fault for forgetting your password. We think 3 attempts are enough for any person to remember their password and if they can't they can always do the recovery procedure and/or wait 15 mins.

Now about the procedure itself, the first email exists to complete the password reset procedure. If that email didn't exist, anyone who knew your email address could just keep resetting your password from the form just for the lols any time they wanted.
Now that email has 2 links and clearly states (which you probably never read) that you should use the first and if that does NOT work, use the second. If you use the first link you do not have to enter the extra activation code, the password gets automatically reset once you click the link.
Finally, you get an extra email with the new password. So next time, before bitching please take your time and actually read the emails first.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-07-2011, 01:37 AM)thelasthallow Wrote: The first thing i dont get is why is anyone even worried about there password on a forum like this? its not a pay site nor is any standard information kept on it.

heck not even more mainstream sites that have 1000's of people a day connecting use this kind of security.

Plus i don't think a 15 minute would keep anyone from getting a password just slow them down.

IMHO a useless feature that only hurts the members that use the site.

My explanation is if someone breaks into your acc,you lose your reputation points Tongue