fps
hey so the other day i tried going into msconfig to shutdown some things to see if i could get better fps running pcsx2 higher output games. I accidentally disabled just about every service on windows 8. However the emulator and my logitech still worked for the most part. the only issue with the emulator came from the disabled service that allowed sound for the computer. when i started the emulator it would give a message like failed mastering voice or something like that. However I have a pretty crappy laptop but the fps i got playing was better than it ever had been..for the most part. anyways i have enabled all service again so i guess my point with this thread would be if anyone knows specifically some services not needed that could improve fps

Sponsored links

File Indexing. That's about all I know, aside from that it will depend. But if you are trying to speed up your system by disabling services, it sounds like your system is just far too weak. Better to play on your PS2 or get a better machine if possible.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-01-2014, 05:44 PM)borninbred Wrote: hey so the other day i tried going into msconfig to shutdown some things to see if i could get better fps running pcsx2 higher output games. I accidentally disabled just about every service on windows 8. However the emulator and my logitech still worked for the most part. the only issue with the emulator came from the disabled service that allowed sound for the computer. when i started the emulator it would give a message like failed mastering voice or something like that. However I have a pretty crappy laptop but the fps i got playing was better than it ever had been..for the most part. anyways i have enabled all service again so i guess my point with this thread would be if anyone knows specifically some services not needed that could improve fps

I could help but you need to list your service names first.