fps is 40 while EE:46%, GS:45%, VU:39%
(03-30-2012, 09:57 PM)Saiki Wrote: odd.. then there's some other factor.. post your gsdx.ini here please? (contents, NOT attachment)

[Settings]
ModeWidth=0
ModeHeight=0
ModeRefreshRate=0
Renderer=3
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=3
windowed=1
filter=2
paltex=0
vsync=0
logz=0
fba=0
aa1=0
nativeres=1
resx=1024
resy=768
extrathreads=0
ShadeBoost=0
UserHacks=0
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=1
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=1
UserHacks_SpriteHack=1
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
UserHacks_WildHack=0

Sponsored links

upscale_multiplier=3 - here's your problem.. make that 2 and try again (I believe anyway)

(on another note.. someone confirm? did we get shadeboost now on the official gsdx plugin?)
(03-30-2012, 10:08 PM)Saiki Wrote: upscale_multiplier=3 - here's your problem.. make that 2 and try again (I believe anyway)

(on another note.. someone confirm? did we get shadeboost now on the official gsdx plugin?)

nothing changed. thanks for help.
ok, one more thing: (THIS WILL look UGLY, it's just a test (easy to reverse), deal with it for a short while)

upscale_multiplier=0 (or 1, not sure. try both)
nativeres=0
resx=256
resy=256

tell me the FPS change, if any
(03-30-2012, 10:31 PM)Saiki Wrote: ok, one more thing: (THIS WILL look UGLY, it's just a test (easy to reverse), deal with it for a short while)

upscale_multiplier=0 (or 1, not sure. try both)
nativeres=0
resx=256
resy=256

tell me the FPS change, if any

tried both, fps is still 40, not even 41.
I would consider 3 things:

- you have something running in the same time which slows it down(even a web browser with loads of pages loaded which trashes my radeon at times slowing down emulation in the process), turning it off could help,

- the games are limited by your hd5770 memory bandwidth which is common in AMD gpu's, have one myself;] - try checking ON "allow 8 bit textures"(edit: that's ofc a GSdx option) and if that's the case it should be much faster at least in lower res like native, maybe x2 or x3,

- third guess that MTVU speedhack slows down those games, even with best cpu's MTVU can possibly slow down some games couse synchronization problems and it would then show something like you have in result.

Good luck;3.
(03-30-2012, 11:04 PM)miseru99 Wrote: - third guess that MTVU speedhack slows down those games, even with best cpu's MTVU can possibly slow down some games couse synchronization problems and it would then show something like you have in result.

Good luck;3.
MTVU doesn't slow down MGS3, I tested that
(03-30-2012, 11:04 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I would consider 3 things:

- you have something running in the same time which slows it down(even a web browser with loads of pages loaded which trashes my radeon at times slowing down emulation in the process), turning it off could help,

- the games are limited by your hd5770 memory bandwidth which is common in AMD gpu's, have one myself;] - try checking ON "allow 8 bit textures"(edit: that's ofc a GSdx option) and if that's the case it should be much faster at least in lower res like native, maybe x2 or x3,

- third guess that MTVU speedhack slows down those games, even with best cpu's MTVU can possibly slow down some games couse synchronization problems and it would then show something like you have in result.

Good luck;3.

"allow 8 bit textures" is quite good, it works about 50-60 fps with it. Thanks.
you'll want to revert my adjustments to nativeres and upscale, if you haven't already
test
(03-30-2012, 11:58 PM)Saiki Wrote: you'll want to revert my adjustments to nativeres and upscale, if you haven't already

yes i did it.