fps limit changing
Please check "Config>Emulation Settings>GS Window". See if the Wait for vsync option is turned off.
Then go to your video card driver settings and force vsync to "always off" there.

Sponsored links

Those r the options I already had set D:
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
@rama,

Same case here. I had the emu running with a very wide variety of settings including Vsync off both in card and emu settings. Also happens with GSDX set on hardware, software and both for each DX9 and DX10/11. Happens with 3 sound plugins I tested (not that I expected that to be the issue but still wanted to be as thorough as possible). I am not sure if that may be helpful but both I and another person with the issue report it on FFX. Tabasket didn't report which game he's using.
Actually I mentioned that I was using Chaos Wars in one of my replys.

I remembered that I might of had slow down issues before from having too much dust in my laptop, so I decided to clean it out with compressed air just a while ago.

I played for about half an hour without having any problems, so I guess my comp was slowing down in response to it getting too hot.
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@800Mhz | NVIDIA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB | Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLI Chipset | XP Pro SP3 | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 15.5s
Intel C2D [email protected] | 2GB DDR2@665MHz | 2xSLI NVIDIA GeForceGo 7950GTX 512MB | XP Pro SP3 | Alienware Laptop | SuperPI 1.5-1m in 23s
(06-24-2010, 03:19 AM)tabasket Wrote: Actually I mentioned that I was using Chaos Wars in one of my replys.

I remembered that I might of had slow down issues before from having too much dust in my laptop, so I decided to clean it out with compressed air just a while ago.

I played for about half an hour without having any problems, so I guess my comp was slowing down in response to it getting too hot.

Had come to this page directly would gain some time, the symptoms pointed to heat problems from start. Hope is everything well now, good luck.
Imagination is where we are truly real
@nosisab Ken Kaleh,

That does sound like a very strong possibility. It doesn't explain, however, why I don't have the issue with 0.9.6.
(06-24-2010, 03:48 AM)Shano Wrote: @nosisab Ken Kaleh,

That does sound like a very strong possibility. It doesn't explain, however, why I don't have the issue with 0.9.6.

Maybe 0.9.7 runs hotter on your system? I Everest to see what temperature my gpu and cpu run at and after cleaning my laptop it has cooled down about 10 deg C.

So maybe use a temp monitoring program to see if there's a difference in how hot your cpu/gpu get when playing on 0.9.6 and 0.9.7
Okay, same problem here. Playing on a laptop (MacBook Pro to be exact, via Boot Camp).
The emu runs great on games that I want to play (FFXII, Rogue Galaxy). But only for the first 10 or so minutes. Then it starts getting completely uplayable (even if I just stare at a wall for these 10 or so minutes). The fans start to go nuts and EE goes to 100%, as others have noted. That's when it happens. I have VSync turned off in both the emu and NVidia settings.

To make the game playable again, I have to Suspend the game, go do something until the fans die down and then resume. It starts going at 60 fps for the next 10 or so minutes. Rinse and repeat. ><

Now, I KNOW I played through FFXII for about 60+ hours like many months ago on 0.9.6 (or was it PCSX Playground? Can't recall) without any sort of problems. I downloaded 0.9.6, but I couldn't make FFXII even playable from the start. Don't remember what settings I was playing at or with which plugins..

Anyway, the speed is awesome, everything is great - if only it didn't slow down. I play other games on my laptop without any sort of problems, even with fans going at their full speed - no slow downs anywhere. Just PCSX. Are yuou sure you're not downclocking based on heat or whatever?

I tried getting a utility that would make my fans go at 100% speed all the time, but that only gained me a couple of minutes of playtime at most (if any). Any ideas?

(Oh, and I can't really clean it.. I mean I would try that, but taking the fans out of this thing is way too delicate of a job for my fingers).

Windows XP, DX9
2.4GHz Core 2 Duo Penryn, SSE4.1
8600M GT, Native resolution in window mode (508x444 - don't ask me why, but it's the crispiest setting.), some speed hacks (tried with and without)
Your notebook simply can't cope with the heat a demanding app like PCSX2 produces.
There are a lot of other programs (PC games) that will draw even more power.
Right. I play many modern games. Most of them are quite playable while really pushing my notebook - yet, no such slow downs. The way the game runs it just keeps running.
And like I said, I did play FFXII with no problems months ago (in 0.9.7, ffxii does slow down). But even if I did get the settings and plugins the way they used to be in the earlier version, there is no easy window resize option to put it so it will be crystal clear at 508x444 in native. So.. Sad

I found PowerMizer option in NVidia's CP, turned it off, still nothing. There must be some option somewhere that just keeps the system going - as no game I've ever played showed any symptoms of downclocking/crippling anything - and I play for hours sometimes with a heat up notebook with no problems what so ever. Sigh Sad