fps often dropping to 0.01
Hi all i'm fairly new to these boards but to date i've never experienced any issues with PCSX2 until i decided to try just now.

When i launch a game (regardless of title) about several minutes in my fps drops to 0.01 then returns to around 59 for maybe 10 seconds before going back to 0.01. This will continue to happen until i try to close down the program or when it freezes.

Here's my pc specs if it helps. Again i've had no problems at all playing PCSX2 until today:

Operating System = Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM = 2047 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 2.792 ghz (2 logical threads)

My card is an Nvidia GT430.

I've attempted reinstalling or adjusting settings back to native but no change.

Thanks Smile

Sponsored links

You're playing directly from physical DVD or backup on your HDD?

If it's from DVD then it's completely normal, rip it with Imgburn and continue playing from ISO, pc dvd drives are faster, but have short spin down times and simply stops when they do their job, then you need to wait a moment for them to spin up and that results in short freezes each time new stuff needs to be loaded from the dvd and if the disc is "in a state beyond readable" it can never get it's data and totally freezeTongue.

Other reason could be some problems with your hardware, it's generally old, maybe your PSU starts dying under heavy load, but then I guess it would rather crash the system.;p
To be honest my PSU has been having issues lately. Other games seem to be affected now (weird stuff happening in Skyrim's main menu like the smoke vanishing and stuttering) and when i try to either checkup on my hardware or clean it can sometimes mean my PC won't switch back on until a good hour of trying to wriggle cables and the power lead to my motherboard.

Think pay day i'll need to finally invest in a better PSU.. Sad
(03-17-2013, 01:37 PM)Mirai101 Wrote: To be honest my PSU has been having issues lately. Other games seem to be affected now (weird stuff happening in Skyrim's main menu like the smoke vanishing and stuttering) and when i try to either checkup on my hardware or clean it can sometimes mean my PC won't switch back on until a good hour of trying to wriggle cables and the power lead to my motherboard.

Think pay day i'll need to finally invest in a better PSU.. Sad

That and the video card is at entry level to play such games also. Skyrim for example is demanding in both, CPU and GPU, bad combination for mainstream- machines.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-17-2013, 01:56 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: That and the video card is at entry level to play such games also. Skyrim for example is demanding in both, CPU and GPU, bad combination for mainstream- machines.

it's such a pain mostly game we love to play often as demanding games, wish more EErecompiler developed Smile