frame rate drops randomly on stud of a pc....
I guess the real answer then is "PCSX2 does what PCSX2 wants" Tongue Glad you got it sorted though, been watching this thread hoping it ended well for you. It's very odd that an SSD would get "Bottlenecked" but it figures it was PCSX2 that did it Tongue

Sponsored links

(09-16-2014, 05:01 AM)Rasral Wrote: Glad you got it sorted though,

Ya thanks me too. Now all I got to do is find more time to play
I'd just like to further expand upon what happened to me here. Ok so I was reading another thread here about someone wanting a ssd and a comment was made about the mobo bottle necking the ssd due to only supporting sata 2..... so that got me thinking if my mobo supports sata 3.... so I checked the specs and apparently it does but it also has 2x sata 2 ports so upon probing more deeply as it turns out my ssd was plugged into a sata 2 port, moving it into a sata 3 port and testing playing iso from it, seems to work just fine now.
Oh nice! Glad you found the root of the problem man. Thanks for posting it so other people may find the solution as well. Much appreciated.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU