frame rate drops randomly on stud of a pc....
Well your video shows me that it's actually not a frame drop - the emulation is completely stopping for about .3 seconds. The FPS drops because when it's frozen it misses those 15 frames. The problem is definitely not related to the speed of your machine. Something is causing one of the PCSX2 threads to stall. Your CPU usage looks pretty normal from what I can tell, for a CPU that strong those numbers look good.

I don't know what to tell you man. It's puzzling as hell. I'd really like to see if another game does it. Also, try software mode with 3-4 extra rendering threads just as test. If it still does it, we can eliminate any GPU type issues.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Yes it does it in software mode for a fact and it does same thing on nhl 09 and Dave mirra bmx2. It may seem like it's freezing and it very well maybe but I turned the audio to a different setting to where it's Not time stretched bc I got tired of hearing the audio sound like Nero from the matrix going down the rabbit hole.

Ya I was kinda curious where you were getting those single threaded numbers from so I searched around cpu benchmark. Com and found em. Ya I love to see that my cpu is 5th on single threaded performance at stock settings 37th overall stock but 13th in overclocking list so ya I made a good choice and I definitely researched this chip before I bought it. Was drooling over it for a couple months before I got it. Idk it's almost starting to look like I'm going to need to format and start over. My rig has so much crap, games, programs to make 3d characters, photoshop, dvd conversation, movies, media servers, I got so much hdd space I never delete anything its just a mess. Maybe it's time.
Turn off Speed step, make profile for pcsx2 make it max pefromance and not adpative. Can try turning off core parking too.

On other side of things if that slow down was there on the actual ps2 it will be there for emulator too or altest it was last time i checked not sure if that still holds true
(08-23-2014, 11:55 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: Turn off Speed step, make profile for pcsx2 make it max pefromance and not adpative. Can try turning off core parking too.

On other side of things if that slow down was there on the actual ps2 it will be there for emulator too or altest it was last time i checked not sure if that still holds true

I turned off speed step, set gpu to max performance pcsx2 profile, turned off all background programs, set windows to max performance, disabled all nonessential startup programs. Using throttle stop. What is core parking how do I access that.

Been a while since I played it on ps2 but I'm pretty sure if it had slow down/split second freezing like this there would have been outrage in the gaming community.

Like I said I'm going to do fresh install of windows. If that doesn't work I'm probably going to get a z87 board for sli setup and overclock the cpu until it can't take it anymore. If it's not fixed by that point then I give.
^ SLI will make PCSX2 perform poorly. So if you have SLI, or make a machine with SLI(or Crossfire also) make sure to disable it for PCSX2.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-24-2014, 12:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: ^ SLI will make PCSX2 perform poorly. So if you have SLI, or make a machine with SLI(or Crossfire also) make sure to disable it for PCSX2.

http://www.xtremehardware.com/eng-review...111226092/

and like Blyss said sli dont work well with pcsx2 in fact it reduce performance most the time so disable sli for pcsx2
I'm not saying that Sli for pcsx2. If I upgrade my system sli is something I will have in mind. In a year or two will be cheaper to double up cards than to buy the current card at the time
Was this issue resolved? I have the exact same problem
(08-26-2014, 05:33 AM)paranoidtie Wrote: Was this issue resolved? I have the exact same problem

No. I'm currently on vacation so I'm unable to make changes test them ect.
To be honest, I don't know if any of what I'm just about write will be relevant or of use in this particular case but I found this thread because I've been having similar issues in PCSX2 and Dolphin whereby I'm able to run a game way above 100% speed and yet still get the odd instance where a game freezes for a fraction of a second. In most cases my PC is able to record a realtime full screen video via MSI Afterburner and I'm still able to increase the FPS in-game to above 100% without any problems. Basically, the issue didn't seem to be a lack of clout on the part of my PC.

Anyway, I've tried all sorts of different things to see if I can work out what causes me to do things like drive into the back of a bus in Burnout because emulation freezes for 0.2 of a second whilst I'm trying to undertake a truck but the latest thing I tried seems to have fixed the issue... touch wood! All I did was load the ISO image of the game I'm playing into RAM (in my case using OSFMount). According to Windows Task Manager I had about 12GB doing nothing and since I figured that the glitches might be the game data not quite streaming quick enough from the ISO image it seemed a good idea to see if having a super-fast "drive" might help. I was also running the ISOs off an external drive which probably didn't help, even if it is USB 3.

Basically, if you've not tried already, try running the disc image in RAM and see if that helps at all.

EDIT: I realise that it might sound like I was recording my gameplay and then being surprised when it would glitch sometimes. It glitched pretty consistently BEFORE I tried recording it as well.