frame rate help
hey people, i can finally work ff10 well kinda, when i start it i can never keep 60 fps, its always 10-40 dodgy. and when it does finallly load the opening video clip it has missing chunks from it, maybe this is to do with the fps cause all grafics are down low. any help, thanks

Sponsored links

pc specs?
[Image: 1454055.png]
(08-10-2009, 12:00 AM)ChronicNL Wrote: pc specs?

intel pentium 4 prossor 3ghz, 1 gb of ram, 128 mb ati x600
the pentium 4 isnt fast enough for pcsx2

and to be able to run FFX 100% with speedhacks in most locations (speedhack 2x) its best to have at least 2ghz core2duo
[Image: 1454055.png]
ahhhhhhhh so my sytem is just basically useless is there nothing that can be done?
use latest gsdx and lower internal res may help + use speedhacks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
" ahhhhhhhh so my sytem is just basically useless is there nothing that can be done? "

You won't be able to get 100% speed on that processor.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do except buying a new motherboard and modern CPU.

You may still play around with the settings and speed hacks to try and get the best performance. Playing at native resolution instead of a high internal resolution would help very much as well.

Alternatively, if you are not looking to play at high internal resolutions, you may simply buy a PS2. I believe they are selling slimline PS2s at 99 USD. I'm sure used ones can be even cheaper.
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh
(08-10-2009, 12:55 AM)curryking1 Wrote: Alternatively, if you are not looking to play at high internal resolutions, you may simply buy a PS2. I believe they are selling slimline PS2s at 99 USD. I'm sure used ones can be even cheaper.

He's already supposed to own a PS2 to be using PCSX2 legally...if he doesn't he won't be given any support in our forum as our rules state.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
"Alternatively, if you are not looking to play at high internal resolutions, you may simply buy a PS2. I believe they are selling slimline PS2s at 99 USD. I'm sure used ones can be even cheaper." -curryking1

They go as low as $50 USD on amazon just an FYI.
Mac Book Pro

Windows Xp 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @2.4Ghz
2GB Corsair Ram
Nvidia 8600M 512MB