full speed ffxii
i was wondering what hardware would be needed to get ffxii to run at full speed.

currently i have..

graphics:
ATI Radeon HD 3650 OC'd edition running 840mhz GPU clock and 510mhz memory clock.

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 Brisbane 2.6GHz
no overclocking.

with that it runs on average about half speed, 30 frames/ps

so what kind of hardware would it take for full speed if possible?

i would rather play this on my ps2 but unfortunately the people that made the special edition case are a bunch of idiots and because of that my game disc is broke *cries*

Sponsored links

Your CPU should reach full speed most of the are. However, the you will face some drop of FPS constantly.

You can tweak the speed hack such as VU cycle stealing.

Question: your game disc is broke ? ... and Why they Idiot ?
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Dont set res at gsdx plugin more than 800x800, play in directx.10 mode with all of hacks as posible. Best to try with pcsx2 r.1059 and latest gsdx beta.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(06-23-2009, 02:35 PM)Register Wrote: Dont set res at gsdx plugin more than 800x800, play in directx.10 mode with all of hacks as posible. Best to try with pcsx2 r.1059 and latest gsdx beta.

is r.1059 the beta? [edit] nvm i see its not.

@ nelsonz, they made the case hold the game disc way to tight.
getting it out i was always afraid it was going to snap cause it bent the game so much. then one day it just finally gave in and broke.
good thing i spent the extra money to get the special collectors edition. [sarcasm]

EDIT:

hmm... well i downloaded the latest beta, used all speed hacks and it actually is running great so far.
usually im cautious about betas, but this one was just an exe, no full install so that worked better.
well, i don't know what ps2 game cases you have, but for my games you just have to press the button in the middle of the cd/dvd and it jumps out of the disc holding mechanism. it's virtually impossible to break it that way.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-23-2009, 03:15 PM)zero29 Wrote: well, i don't know what ps2 game cases you have, but for my games you just have to press the button in the middle of the cd/dvd and it jumps out of the disc holding mechanism. it's virtually impossible to break it that way.

normal cases are like that. this was a special edition tin case.
the disc holding mechanism was different.
i don't feel like explaining it further as it doesn't matter.
The best thing you can do is to grab the latest GSDX revision. I forget exactly which revision it was, but it was only recently where an ATI specific issue was addressed that gave the 3xxx series a good speed boost.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(06-23-2009, 04:34 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: The best thing you can do is to grab the latest GSDX revision. I forget exactly which revision it was, but it was only recently where an ATI specific issue was addressed that gave the 3xxx series a good speed boost.

oh ok, ill go ahead and look for it.

however if you, or someone else who happens to read this doesn't mind.
a link to it would be appreciated.

however if i find it ill post a link to.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html

and

http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-quest...-gsdx.html

guess it is a more famous thing then i figured.
edit:

hmm maybe those aren't it.
looking at the dll version they are the same.
It's the first post in the GSDX thread in the Discussion and Support section.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
yea i found it..
turns out its really easy to find lol.
only thing im not likeing now is the beta of pcsx seems to not work with savestates. Sad
oh well, memcards work fine and its loads faster so ill deal with it.