Poll: how to handle the direct state access extension upgrade
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
ifdef code to keep maximum compatibility
8.33%
2 8.33%
create a legacy gsdx version
83.33%
20 83.33%
add a compatibility layer
8.33%
2 8.33%
others
0%
0 0%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

future of GSdx ogl
Thanks everybody for the feedbacks.

So let's go for 2. I will copy the GSdx directory into GSdx_ogl_legacy. This latest dir will remain untouched. Initially I was planning to keep it only for linux (you know the dx part of GSdx). Anyway it would be possible to add this new version in the buildbot.

Putting ifdef in header is more or less option 3: Compatibility layer. DSA replaces all textures/frambuffer/buffer functions (~30). The mapping is not 1:1 between the 2 api that why code is cleaner. But t won't be straighforward to implement.

For the mass support. You won't need a new gpu, it is purely a sw driver matter.
* I know that mesa wanted to implement the unofficial former dsa ext version. Current arb version is much smaller. Besides modifications are in the common part of mesa. IMHO Mesa dev can implement dsa in a week. It all depends on their priority.
* nvidia branch will likely be merged in a couple of months.
* Remains catalyst case: from one hand they support the previous version so they have a good base. On the other hand, supporting both version of dsa could be annoying with badass inter-dependance.
* globally all dev want dsa. Steam wants dsa, so driver maker will try to support dsa as soon as possible.

Sponsored links

(09-10-2014, 04:51 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah #2 seems best. Even if we drop compatibility for some people we still have to look to the future and do whats most feasible. Like rama said, we don't have the man power for option #3 and #1 isn't a good option because it may prevent other devs from working on the source code due to the complexity of it.

"some" ok
When mipmaps will be enabled in gsdx ogl?
CPU:intel core i5 2430m
GPU:nvidia GeForce GT 520M 1GB
RAM:4 GB
(07-31-2015, 11:45 PM)theodore7 Wrote: When mipmaps will be enabled in gsdx ogl?

Not soon Wink
Why won't some people be able to use the new gsdx? It's still opengl right?
(08-01-2015, 10:54 PM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Why won't some people be able to use the new gsdx?  It's still opengl right?

Because it uses recent OGL features that only semi-new cards support.
How semi-new should they be? Guessing HD 6xxx for the AMD side? I'd guess if you had earlier you'd wanna upgrade anyways, unless you have x870 or higher.
The card should support OpenGL 4.3 if I'm not mistaken.
This thread is old. Let it die in peace...