game list that works on mac?
is there a list
legaia 2 is not working on mac. im thinking that the list on this website is for windows only

i will borrow some games to my brother this weekend
can you recommend some games that works and playable?

Sponsored links

(04-27-2011, 02:10 PM)FrenzyBanana Wrote: is there a list
legaia 2 is not working on mac. im thinking that the list on this website is for windows only

i will borrow some games to my brother this weekend
can you recommend some games that works and playable?

Dragon Quest VIII
All Final Fantasy for PS2
All Breath of Fire for PS2
Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 works (barely)
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(04-27-2011, 05:25 PM)Kaze Wrote: Dragon Quest VIII
All Final Fantasy for PS2
All Breath of Fire for PS2
Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 works (barely)

Kaze, can I ask you how you managed to get Dragan Quest VIII working? From my experience (and what I've read from other people), the textures get all messed up and the fps gets super low...
1. u nid try games to c if they working on ur machine
2. Dragon Quest VIII shld work running at 30fps if your config match ur system and ur com is able to
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
LIST OF GAMES THT WORK FOR ME (2.4 Gig Proc, ATI HD 2600, 4 Gig RAM, 24-inch aluminum)

Final Fantasies (10, 10-2, 12 and 12- International)
Disgaea 1, 2; Makai Kingdom; Phantom Brave
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, plus the RE:Coded one seems to work fine, although I haven't played it much
Grandia 3 (with better specs than I have, it should run buttery-smooth--I get about 40-60 frames)
Tales of the Abyss (I'm not sure if it's just a bad ISO or my specs aren't up to snuff, but it CAN run--needs work tho)
Breath of Fire 4
Dragon Quest 8
Wild Arms 3 (it works for me, but is really slow. Again, could be the ISO or my ***** specs, but it DOES start up)
Front Mission 4
Dark Cloud 1 and 2 (these games are heavy on CPU and vid-card arrangements, so be up to specs)
Star Ocean 3 (same with this one, make sure you have nice specs)

Those are most of the RPG's I've tried. Most work with some fiddling around in the config menus and speed hacks and whatnot, but others still need good processors and even better vid cards, something usually with half-a-gig-to-a-gig worth of vid RAM. Hope that gives you some ideas to try out. Peace.
(08-09-2011, 07:59 AM)bonbon56 Wrote: Kaze, can I ask you how you managed to get Dragan Quest VIII working? From my experience (and what I've read from other people), the textures get all messed up and the fps gets super low...

I dont remember, way to long ago.
BUT, it worked at normal speed on an i7 Mobile 1.6GHz, DESPITE the fact that PCSX2 only supports 2 cores. So the key is definitively in your configs :-)

- Kaze

PS:
If you want I can try to dig out my old configs from my crashed hard drive.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Brunswick Pro Bowling "mostly" works...

Using Bluetooth PS3 DualShock 3 Sixaxis controller (w/analog settings)
40-60 fps

Some graphical glitches (player 3D models are a little twisted, pins don't fall into the pit)
Sound fx slightly choppy, music is more choppy (set music vol to 0 in game)

Otherwise, *very* playable

Edit: Fixed the player model rendering with some config tweaks.. game looks/plays great, sound is still a little sketchy...

MacPro
2 x 2.66 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon processors
8GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon HD 5870 1GB VRAM
Mac OS X 10.6.7