game randomley zooms then crashes
i was just about to start playing the legend of spyro eternal night. after finishing the former installment of the rebooted trilogy. when i got to the starting screen i began experiencing this annoying zooming/cropping of the screen in the title menu the zooming glitch would zoom in only showing a third of the games logo. then after a while the game froze, the audio distorted and psx2 went unresponsive then crashed. how do i fix this? the new beginning ran just fine (with some occasional slowdown and audio distortion in the cut scenes. but it never lasted long and i had no other problems) please help!

Sponsored links

can't tell if this game is compatible ith pcsx2. Spyro games tend to have a lot of problems when getting emulated.
try the nvidia hack ?
Tried software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-26-2014, 07:57 AM)jesalvein Wrote: can't tell if this game is compatible ith pcsx2. Spyro games tend to have a lot of problems when getting emulated.
try the nvidia hack ?
Tried software mode ?

whats the Nvidia hack? software mode didn't work. the game would load but all the menu buttons wouldn't. i did get the game to run correctly after switching from direct3D 11 to 9, but even then the top left corner of the screen would fade to black then back to normal or have this temporary dark blue tint which would go away in the next cut scene. but i guess that's better then the zooming issue i was having prior. i had the same issue with A New Biginning but switching to Direct3D 11 seemed to fix it and didn't mess up the game like it did here.