game running sloooow yet my PC is faaaast!
(05-31-2009, 03:57 AM)gmpk Wrote: Hi!

The game in executing is only running at 10fps! My comp specs are
vista
2.26 duo core
4 gigs ram
512 mb nVidia 9600M GT video card

i think my comp is good enough to handle this game at possibly 50 fps. maybe my config is incorrect. can anyone help me?

Unfortunatelly your system isnt really that fast, however if you get the latest pcsx2 beta and latest GSdx and try some speedhacks (VU stealing might give quite the boost) you might get a very playable experience... not so sure if 50fps constant thou.

edit: oh and use native checkbox in gsdx might help a bit also.

Sponsored links

(05-31-2009, 04:55 AM)gmpk Wrote: shadow of the colossus

alright...2.26 ghz is alright, but my video card is really good!! i can play fallout 3 on high settings, 1680 x 1050 resolution, with very minimal lag.
oh and i meant core 2 duo

please don compare a pc game with ps2 emulation, ITS NOT THE SAME!!
ahh ok, thanks for the replies....i now understand that there's a HUGE difference between PS2 emulation and PC games haha. dang.
i guess i'm stuck with SNES emulation, then...
gmpk:
Or pick another game, shadow of the colossus is one of the slowest running games.
Also you could use the speedhacks, they make a huge impact on this game (because they trigger the games internal frameskip mechanism).
alright, rama, i'll try speedhacks
Is God of War a slow running game, too?
God of War should run fairly well on your system, though you'll want to use the VU cycle stealing speedhack as it greatly improves the speed.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Just played and got to the first colossus and beat it and ran around the map a bit at constant 60fps on a core2duo e2160 @2GHz and 7600gt card thx to the VU stealing speedhack set to moderate (without it i had around 30fps only), you should try it yourself you should get even better results Tongue

Only place I got a slowdown was actually the "new game" screen down to 40fps.
(06-01-2009, 02:00 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Just played and got to the first colossus and beat it and ran around the map a bit at constant 60fps on a core2duo e2160 @2GHz and 7600gt card thx to the VU stealing speedhack set to moderate (without it i had around 30fps only), you should try it yourself you should get even better results Tongue

Where do you activate that speedhack?

Thanks Smile
"Config->Speed Hacks" duh Tongue
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Nevermind then...

I have all 3 activated. They help, but not that much (I have a better CPU and GPU). And I don't see any way to change the setting to Moderate :s