game running sloooow yet my PC is faaaast!
Hi!

The game in executing is only running at 10fps! My comp specs are
vista
2.26 duo core
4 gigs ram
512 mb nVidia 9600M GT video card

i think my comp is good enough to handle this game at possibly 50 fps. maybe my config is incorrect. can anyone help me?

Sponsored links

Which game?

Also, 2.26 ghz isn't really all that fast.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Look on the bright side, at least he's not asking how to run PCSX2 at a fast speed on a single core CPU....
shadow of the colossus

alright...2.26 ghz is alright, but my video card is really good!! i can play fallout 3 on high settings, 1680 x 1050 resolution, with very minimal lag.
oh and i meant core 2 duo
(05-31-2009, 03:57 AM)gmpk Wrote: Hi!
i think my comp is good enough to handle this game at possibly 50 fps. maybe my config is incorrect. can anyone help me?
hi!

i think your comp is not good enough to handle this game at possibly 50 fps. maybe your config is incorrect. nobody can help you.

(05-31-2009, 04:55 AM)gmpk Wrote: alright...2.26 ghz is alright, but my video card is really good!! i can play fallout 3 on high settings, 1680 x 1050 resolution, with very minimal lag.

alright...2.26 ghz is not alright, and your video card is not really good!! i can also play fallout 3 on high settings, 1680 x 1050 resolution, without any lag.
oh and you meant core 2 duo, still not alright...
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(05-31-2009, 04:55 AM)gmpk Wrote: shadow of the colossus

alright...2.26 ghz is alright, but my video card is really good!! i can play fallout 3 on high settings, 1680 x 1050 resolution, with very minimal lag.

Shadow of the Colossus is still one of the worst performing games I've come across and runs poorly even on my system, so don't expect good things out of that game. It's a shame because it's an awesome game and looks fantastic with HD resolutions.

Also, PC gaming is vastly different from PS2 emulation. It takes MUCH higher hardware requirements to run properly because your PC is trying to simulate all the functions of the PS2, something it simply isn't designed to do. PS2 hardware is built and coded very different from PC hardware.

Also, a 2.26 ghz core 2 and a 9600M GT would be considered midrange these days. SInce it's a 9600M that means it's a laptop, and laptops generally do not perform well for emulation. You are also limited because you shouldn't really try to overclock on a laptop as you have heat and power concerns that could damage your system a lot easier than if you were on a PC.

Games that would run well on your system:
Kingdom Hearts
FFX
FFXII
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-31-2009, 07:55 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote:
(05-31-2009, 04:55 AM)gmpk Wrote: shadow of the colossus

Shadow of the Colossus is still one of the worst performing games I've come across and runs poorly even on my system, so don't expect good things out of that game. It's a shame because it's an awesome game and looks fantastic with HD resolutions.

Also, PC gaming is vastly different from PS2 emulation. It takes MUCH higher hardware requirements to run properly because your PC is trying to simulate all the functions of the PS2, something it simply isn't designed to do. PS2 hardware is built and coded very different from PC hardware.

Also, a 2.26 ghz core 2 and a 9600M GT would be considered midrange these days. SInce it's a 9600M that means it's a laptop, and laptops generally do not perform well for emulation. You are also limited because you shouldn't really try to overclock on a laptop as you have heat and power concerns that could damage your system a lot easier than if you were on a PC.

Games that would run well on your system:
Kingdom Hearts
FFX
FFXII

i have that game running good on my dual core 1.6 GHZ and geforce 9500GT DDR3 ,on win XP sp3
http://
[Image: screenshot233.png]
[Image: screenshot234.png]
[Image: screenshot237.png]
[Image: screenshot238.png]
[Image: screenshot242.png]
[Image: screenshot243.png]
[Image: screenshot246.png]
[Image: screenshot247.png]
Shadow of the Colossus?
The OP's laptop's good enough for conventional gaming, but not emulation.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(05-31-2009, 08:22 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus?

Yes ,dont you believe ,i been playing Guitar Hero Metallica also,but i have a prob whit the actors,they just dont appears,but the game runs 30 - 45 FPS and sound is good enough

GH:Metallica [NTSC]