games are too slow
I downloaded this just yesterday and when i try to play starwars battlefront it lags like crazy. if i look down it doesnt lag at all tho.
pc specs:
evga gtx 550 ti
amd fx 8120 8 core processor at 3.1ghz
8gb ddr3 ram

i dont see how ps2 games could possibly lag on this machine.Blink

Sponsored links

Try Speedhacks!
Your cpu is the culprit.
Bulldozer architecture is known to perform badly when it comes ro pcsx2 or general gaming...
Speedhacks are your best bet.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-31-2012, 08:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Your cpu is the culprit.
Bulldozer architecture is known to perform badly when it comes ro pcsx2 or general gaming...
Speedhacks are your best bet.

but i can play bf3 on ultra settings with no lag at all. basically any game you throw at this, it can play
i tried using the uv cycle (i think thats wat it was called) and it did help it alot
it might have just been that game because i played gta sa with no lag what so ever.
Bf3 isn't an emulated game.
Comparing it to emulation is a complete nonsense.
(12-31-2012, 10:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Bf3 isn't an emulated game.
Comparing it to emulation is a complete nonsense.

what, is emulated games wayy different?? im new to emulators.
(happy new year !)
Definitely. It's like having a constant real-time ps2 to pc translator running behind your game.
That's something you dont have With games that your pc can understand without any translator...
Emulation = CPU intensive
Computer games = GPU intensive
Totally different concept.

PCSX2 needs strong single thread performance and is using primarily 2 cores (3 cores if MTVU hack is enabled). Bulldozer has decent multi-threaded performace but that's not what's important for here and now with PCSX2.
So 3.1 ghz with 2 cores utilized on a Bulldozer = garbage performance. In fact, if you look at the FFX-2 benchmark thread you will see that Bulldozers are around the old Athlons in performance.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

The best thing you can do is overclock to about 4 ghz on your CPU (watch your heat!), set your affinity to even numbered cores, use MTVU, EE timing, and VU cycle stealing and play around to find out what works best.

For socket AM3+ consider the Piledriver CPUs. It was a big step ahead in performance. FX6300 is best deal overall.

Just to add disable turbo boost. It just causes too many fps headaches due to varying clock speeds.
The new AMD FX Processor has a lot of cores and fancy new instruction sets which help a lot when comressing .zip files, recoding video or do raytracing rendering.

But it lacks the good old "stupid" performance per core - and this is what emulation needs --> general purpose computing power (specially floating point calculatons) with few cores.

Thats why I am staying with my old Phenom II X4 - it sucks also in comparison with Intel i CPUs, but is still quite a good allrounder.

You might get 1-2% more speed when moving to windows 8 with the FX CPU
(01-01-2013, 05:24 AM)lunik Wrote: You might get 1-2% more speed when moving to windows 8 with the FX CPU

There has actually be some tests with that, and the difference from windows 7 with the multicore hotfix thing is nothing Tongue although there is variation of 2%ish, some of them 2%'s are windows 7 winning, so its neither here nor there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]